Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phony Marconi said:
Comon, man! Don't fall for that crap!

"Bankruptcy" is the oldest shell game in the book. Atlanta is their golden goose.....tons of cash are flowing through the daily operation there. It has, and will continue to, enrichen a select few individuals.

Obviously, the word "bankrupt" has tricked you into expecting less....just like it was designed to do.

Are you serious? A trick? Tell that to all of the people who have lost their job at Delta and the Connection carriers. I know it sucks that things are bad in the industry but you are smoking some goof stuff if you think you and the union are going to be raising any bars at ASA or elsewhere for quite some time. First the industry has to recover then you can look for improvements ..till then the only one being tricked is apparently you.

:rolleyes:ssdd....Yeah, I saw what the mainline guys get for 100 seaters and NO we don't make more! You are forgetting that we have no trip duty rig, no retirement, no REAL match on 401 and NO scheduling (QOL) issues in our current agreement! You add all of that up and those guys will probably be making around 120-130 hr to fly that thing! Our 18 yr guys barely make 102 hr, so don't go saying we make more....BECAUSE WE DONT!!!

Theo...Companies have been using the "old" bankruptsy rules for years to lower costs and put the screws to their employee's. Look at what Hawaiin Air tried to do to Boeing for new leases. Boeing told them to go stick it! Did'nt get those new lease agreements on those airplanes, because Boeing called BS and the Judge backed them on it! Skywest Inc and ASA are making a TON of money right now. I don't want SUPER PAY, but there better be something or it is going to get UGLY AROUND DIS MO FO!!!:angryfire

Look. I think everyone at ASA know we are'nt going to break the bank on pay rates. Infact, many expect there will be no increase in rates. The sad thing is, most of us only want the increases to QOL issues that are INDUSTRY STANDARD!! We are all smart enough to know that our rates are pretty standard to the rest of the industry on the 700, and a bit lower on the 200. I can really see a scenario where SKYW management pushes for on rate for both airplanes. This would probably bring the 200 pay up a bit, and the 700 pay down a bit. But we really want the crappy QOL issues cleaned up in our contract, stuff that does not COST that much! Were not all thinking about raising the bar at a time where our ML partner is bankrupt, Comair is furloughing and taking concessions, and our 700 rates are already higher than most of the industry, including the ones of the company that just purchased us.

What we should really be wondering is.....what are the details of the secret meeting between ASA and all the unions, where secret confidentiality agreements were signed, followed by our negotiations breaking down. That probably holds the key to the future of ASA more than anything!

Even the QOL issues that we want improved will cost money, however little it is. The company is just so friggin short sighted they can't see that the improvement in efficiency will more than pay for it. With the improvements to scheduling alone they could cut the sched./planning dept's staff in half. A computer could do most their jobs with 10 times the efficiency and you only need a person there to handle IROPs.

kikejavy said:
I agree with "GO AROUND" go by the SP's. Dont call for fuel let the DC come to you dont go to them. And after you have taken off and are far away from ATL or SLC call Delta Radio and ask your dispatcher what times they put in and under what code and make them change it to the correct time you have on you. If we do this pretty soon everyone will be running 20+ minutes late.

If you could document the fact that times were being systematically altered I'm certain that someone at the DOT would be interested in finding this out.

I certainly don't have ALL the answers, but I do know some things. Those strong arm, break a kneecap, sabotage your own operations tatics of the past won't work anymore. In todays environment, specially at the regionals, if the company's costs increase beyond a certain range, you'll lose your flying and will be raplaced!

I'm not sure what the answer is. I wouldn't want to work for somebody for rock bottom wages. But we have to be realistic. When pensions, work rules, wages, equipment size, QOL issues are coming down at the majors, you can't expect to get them at a regional...that's just reality.

Sorry, no crystal ball here.

79%N1 said:
Look. I think everyone at ASA know we are'nt going to break the bank on pay rates. Infact, many expect there will be no increase in rates. The sad thing is, most of us only want the increases to QOL issues that are INDUSTRY STANDARD!! We are all smart enough to know that our rates are pretty standard to the rest of the industry on the 700, and a bit lower on the 200. I can really see a scenario where SKYW management pushes for on rate for both airplanes. This would probably bring the 200 pay up a bit, and the 700 pay down a bit. But we really want the crappy QOL issues cleaned up in our contract, stuff that does not COST that much! Were not all thinking about raising the bar at a time where our ML partner is bankrupt, Comair is furloughing and taking concessions, and our 700 rates are already higher than most of the industry, including the ones of the company that just purchased us.

What we should really be wondering is.....what are the details of the secret meeting between ASA and all the unions, where secret confidentiality agreements were signed, followed by our negotiations breaking down. That probably holds the key to the future of ASA more than anything!

Greetings...

I dont think our 70 seat rates are industry standard..Look at Horizons new 70 seat rates on APC's site. They now top out at 121.00, 18 year pay for crying out loud. This must be a recent update to pay, because it used to be 115.00 not too long ago. Their first year pay is now 29.00. Not too bad if you ask me.

Take care

Latest resources

Back