ASA Contract Negotiations Stalled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SSDD said:
Awesome!!!! Keep thinking that way and you'll talk yourselves right out of a job. Remember you're not longer owned by Delta. ASA/Skywest/Skywest Inc., can be fired for non performance even with their 15 year contract. You can be replaced by onyone who's willing to do it cheaper.

There's nothing wrong with negotiating and going by the SP's, but when you start sabotaging your operation, you're only screwing yourselves.

Good luck.

Yeah right! This is the kind of thinking that has put us in the position we are in now. If you don't work here, then why don't you just STFU!

Bluto said:
Now, I can understand that you guys are frustrated, and rightfully so, but honestly, SkyWest management hasn't agreed to anything with you guys yet, so it's impossible for them to reneg on anything. I doubt if they've even become involved in the negotiating process at all yet, aside from the "competetive" propoganda.

I have nothing in this negotiation but this statement really stood out while I was lurking.

When SkyWest bought ASA, they bought the pilots CBA as well. They knew that negotiations have been on going for three years and they were jumping into a hornets nest. This may be SkyWests first venture into RLA Section 6 negotiations but don't think they haven't done their homework prior to the purchase. If they are saying that they need more time to do a cost analysis, then everyone at ASA needs to cry BS!! SkyWest is a publicly held company and if they didn't do a cost analysis of the pilots CBA and what has been brought to the table by both sides prior to the purchase then they did the shareholders a terrible disservice. SkyWest and ASA's pilots should unify together on this since both groups will be directly effected by the outcome. If not, let the whip sawing begin.

That's really eloquent!

Where am I wrong? This all started back in the mid to late 80's, and probably neither you or I have had much saying on "how we got here." But you can't ignore the reality of todays environment. Mainline guys are willing to fly 100 seaters for less than you make in your 70 seater. Look at what's happening at Comair, either they make some drastic concessions, or they will be slowly dismantled.

Its your problem, and you can deal with it any way you want to.

If you don't want outsiders commenting on your internal problems then keep them off the public forums.

BTW that STFU stuff only works behind the anonimity of a bullenting board.

Take care

Sinca3 said:
Skywest Inc. gives ASA managment a number and then tell them to meet that number. Skywest Inc. has absolutly nothing to do with ASA negotiations or for that matter day to day operations!
ASA managment is exploiting our "new ownership" to stall negotiations even more.
PEOPLE get your heads out of your asses and start getting each other FIRED UP!! It's time to get some motivated pissed off pilots out there making some noise for ASA and Skywest Inc. to hear. We have to be UNIFIED and then our negotiators can get $hit done!
So get in the lounges and talk, talk to each other talk to the chief pilots. Lets get each other motivated to get this thing finished. Everything.....EVERYTHING from managment is going to be doom and gloom from this point on. ASA is not going to just fall from the sky. We have to take advantage of the Delta mega hub called ATL. It is their golden goose and ASA/Skywest Inc. can't afford a disruption there!
Get Motivated

Golden Goose? Have you read the papers? Delta is bankrupt!

theo said:
Golden Goose? Have you read the papers? Delta is bankrupt!

Comon, man! Don't fall for that crap!

"Bankruptcy" is the oldest shell game in the book. Atlanta is their golden goose.....tons of cash are flowing through the daily operation there. It has, and will continue to, enrichen a select few individuals.

Obviously, the word "bankrupt" has tricked you into expecting less....just like it was designed to do.

soardtk said:
SkyWest and ASA's pilots should unify together on this since both groups will be directly effected by the outcome. If not, let the whip sawing begin.
I agree 100%.

HMMMM,
Seems like the SKYW pilots rejected the paltry 1.2%, now no one will talk to us either,the script is being acted out. Watch out for the second act of Chicken Little- The Sky is Crashing. The ministers of propaganda are spooling up, so prepare for the doom and gloom act, part 2.
Good Luck guys, you are gonna need it!
PBR

We already got the "doom and gloom" act from management in the form of a DVD. 5 minutes of JA and BL telling us how we need to stay competitve and how all the other regionals are going to undercut us. I cry BS. We havent seen a raise in 3 years and never had expensive work rules. How can you be more competitve than that?

All we want are industry STANDARD work rules. Some things that would actually improve our company's deficiencies.

Also, how could they know how competitive we are when they haven't even done a cost analysis on us? Again I cry BS.

I'd be willing to bet that they won't factor in all the pilots who won't be SE taxiing, or doing flex takeoffs anymore. Or those who will be running the APU whenever possible. They are going to throw more money away on these things then they will save by stalling a few more years on a fair contract.

Latest resources

Back