• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Cnc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a line last month. Got extended after 2 of the 5 trips I did. On reserve this month, and have had the end of my day tacked on to twice so far! Good times.

I get it. We don't want the CNC members flying because they could get fired in a management move to subdue the pilots.

I think I speak for a lot of pilots when I say I'm OK with that. I want a line pilot in negotiations. Not some guy who flew a EMB-120 four years ago.

Just out of curiosity what hardships has the CNC had to put up with. They go to negotiate nothing happens they go home and say "this is frustrating" then crack a beer and make sure the check cashed. I will happily take any their places and deliver you the same result.

I could be wrong here, but just how many hours of service have you given the union? And while the CNC guys are not complete volunteers, making this a very much apples and oranges comparison, I would say to you STFU.

On another note; I consider you an oxygen thief.

While they get great hotel points, and I believe one of the CNC members went on a great Cruise with his points that we paid for.....

I know negotiations are tough three days every three months and nothing changes, so they do alot of work!!! Get back to the LINE !!

Why must you put people down?

I get it. We don't want the CNC members flying because they could get fired in a management move to subdue the pilots.

I think I speak for a lot of pilots when I say I'm OK with that. I want a line pilot in negotiations. Not some guy who flew a EMB-120 four years ago.

Just out of curiosity what hardships has the CNC had to put up with. They go to negotiate nothing happens they go home and say "this is frustrating" then crack a beer and make sure the check cashed. I will happily take any their places and deliver you the same result.

If you are a pilot, your frustration is misplaced!

Line pilots are in negotiations.

Thanks, but no thanks for your offer to take any of their places. Most of us want someone that will not roll over. However, your local food bank needs yours services making peanut butter sandwiches--sign up today!

While they get great hotel points, and I believe one of the CNC members went on a great Cruise with his points that we paid for.....

I know negotiations are tough three days every three months and nothing changes, so they do alot of work!!! Get back to the LINE !!

Shane,

Answer the question. How many hours have you given? I know, you pay your dues.

Have you ever collected points on the rooms that are rented for your overnights. Many pilots do.

"Why must YOU put people down?[/quote]"

Last edited:

You're an idiot. What happens when the CNC goes back on line and commits some minor infraction of the FOM or the POH. I imagine that, while the company would most likely not even notice if it was your mistake, they would view that as a perfect opportunity to begin hostage taking like they did last contract (which you, obviously, weren't around for). Put the CNC back on line and they all fly around with big targets on their backs. Personally, I think YP may have made an unwise decision to head out to the line, but time will tell.

Also, keep in mind these are the people who are out there negotiating on your behalf. I know 3 of them personally and I can assure you they don't enjoy the job they are doing. Agree with the way negotiations are going or not, you need to realize that these guys are offline on YOUR behalf. Perhaps you could think about that before you come on here sounding like a juvenile, spoiled, thankless little brat (which, come to think of it, I imagine you are.)

So you regularly get extended, more than twice a month? Or are you on reserve?

This is a great question. Someone on reserve has the balls to say they got extended???????? They are on RESERVE for crist sakes. There isn't extentions on reserve. These are the same ass wipes that call scheduling over flight control.

Honest, everyone speak up. How many times have you been extended. For me, in the past 5 years 3 times. You do the math Einstien.

We have this contract, then fly it. Getting extended is part of the contract. Like integration. You don't have to like it, just do you fvckin' job and quite bitchin' son. You ain't BMOC any more in Daytona!

Dick

ALPA National pays for the CNC through contingency funds, right?

What ALPA pays our CNC is a mere pittance compared to the amount they have spent on Counsel for these negotiations. ALPA and the ASA pilot group are getting good value for our dues money. After all, how much is SkyWest paying Mr. LaBreque, CA Tutt and their attorneys to show up at the same meetings?

Perhaps the whole process is a waste for a reason - TO ENCOURAGE BOTH SIDES TO BE REASONABLE and GET A DEAL DONE. By that measure, this process might not be wasting enough time, or money.

If they are senior to you, why not be happy that they are on any kind of leave? You get to move up in seniority.

If you are a pilot, your frustration is misplaced!

Line pilots are in negotiations.

Thanks, but no thanks for your offer to take any of their places. Most of us want someone that will not roll over. However, your local food bank needs yours services making peanut butter sandwiches--sign up today!

You did roll over. The crack squad everyone is defending hasn't gotten us a thing in four years. Unless you are a poor negotiator you can clearly see that we will not be released. When "W" got his second term a smart person would have taken the scheduling section and grabed a few bucks on the 50 and put it to the pilots. You now have another couple years for the NMB to change.

I think most line pilots would have noticed the general change in attitude amongst the pilot group. I think most pilots understand that a release is not coming. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.

I also find it comical that you think the company would try "hostage taking"... The worst thing the company could do is have this team replaced. Indefinate negotiations are the greatest thing since concessions to them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back