• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Cnc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You did roll over. The crack squad everyone is defending hasn't gotten us a thing in four years. Unless you are a poor negotiator you can clearly see that we will not be released. When "W" got his second term a smart person would have taken the scheduling section and grabed a few bucks on the 50 and put it to the pilots. You now have another couple years for the NMB to change.

I think most line pilots would have noticed the general change in attitude amongst the pilot group. I think most pilots understand that a release is not coming. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.

I also find it comical that you think the company would try "hostage taking"... The worst thing the company could do is have this team replaced. Indefinate negotiations are the greatest thing since concessions to them.

Some of your points, looking back, may have merit. However, it is easy to be 20/20 in hindsight. We are where we are. It appears that they are diligently exhuasting all available remedies, as they should. If the pilot consensus has changed, then it should be showing up in their polls. That will be their guide rather than the opinions of a few hidden identity BB pundits.

I said nothing about hostage taking. However your point is well made regarding "indefinite" negotiations being the same as concessions--1998 pay in 2007. It translates into cost savings and no money in our pockets.

If the majority of pilots have conceded and feel that a deal needs to be made, then that will happen. Don't attack the negotiation team as they only have as much leverage as this pilot group gives them and the political and econonomic situation allows. Their efforts have been noble and I am not sure that the outcome could be any different, regardless of who is on the team for the reasons you have mentioned on the political side. I am quite sure that there are political forces in the background at work trying to protect the mothership--at ALL costs!

This is a great question. Someone on reserve has the balls to say they got extended???????? They are on RESERVE for crist sakes. There isn't extentions on reserve. These are the same ass wipes that call scheduling over flight control.

Honest, everyone speak up. How many times have you been extended. For me, in the past 5 years 3 times. You do the math Einstien.

We have this contract, then fly it. Getting extended is part of the contract. Like integration. You don't have to like it, just do you fvckin' job and quite bitchin' son. You ain't BMOC any more in Daytona!

Dick

Amen brother! If you chose to upgrade before you could hold a line, then that's your dumb a$$ fault. If people would stop taking these upgrades, then the company might get the message.

I get it. We don't want the CNC members flying because they could get fired in a management move to subdue the pilots.

I think I speak for a lot of pilots when I say I'm OK with that. I want a line pilot in negotiations. Not some guy who flew a EMB-120 four years ago.

Just out of curiosity what hardships has the CNC had to put up with. They go to negotiate nothing happens they go home and say "this is frustrating" then crack a beer and make sure the check cashed. I will happily take any their places and deliver you the same result.

No, YOU don't get it, and probally never will. Oh, we didn't have e120s 4 years ago numnuts, been awhile since they've been gone. So YOU know their schedule every day, what they do? Take their place? Ha, that's a joke. But, you can put your name in the hat in case an opening pops up. That is, if they'll have you.

Good point I have no idea what they do on a daily basis... I know they aren't in contract talks. The Contract Negotiating Comitee will not be negotiating a contract for the next three months... Similar to the previous three months. What do they do? I'm sure they man the phones in some ALPA place... Does anyone from the pilot group ever call and ask about the contract or ALPA stuff? Please tell me how they are filling a 40 hour week for the next three months.

Here is an idea. Rather than pay some phone survey group.... have the CNC hand out surveys in the break room. This would give them face time and allow pilots to voice an opinion. Use the money savings to improve the pilot lounge (you'll thank me when airport reserve shows up in the contract).

I am not mad at the CNC. I am disapointed with myself for not figuring this one out. I am of the opinion that someone negotiating on my behalf should do the job. Bid a line, work with scheduling, go through training, talk with line pilots (not the Tomct guy who problobly does call the ALPA line), etc... I think that would make them better negotiators. It also might keep one guy from getting extended. How about one four day a month? or How about five reserve days for a refresher?

Good point I have no idea what they do on a daily basis... I know they aren't in contract talks. The Contract Negotiating Comitee will not be negotiating a contract for the next three months... Similar to the previous three months. What do they do? I'm sure they man the phones in some ALPA place... Does anyone from the pilot group ever call and ask about the contract or ALPA stuff? Please tell me how they are filling a 40 hour week for the next three months.

Here is an idea. Rather than pay some phone survey group.... have the CNC hand out surveys in the break room. This would give them face time and allow pilots to voice an opinion. Use the money savings to improve the pilot lounge (you'll thank me when airport reserve shows up in the contract).

I am not mad at the CNC. I am disapointed with myself for not figuring this one out. I am of the opinion that someone negotiating on my behalf should do the job. Bid a line, work with scheduling, go through training, talk with line pilots (not the Tomct guy who problobly does call the ALPA line), etc... I think that would make them better negotiators. It also might keep one guy from getting extended. How about one four day a month? or How about five reserve days for a refresher?

How stupid are you? Obviously you have not been here very long! Most of what you have said here is like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher...wonk wonk...wonk wonk wonk...! Have you talked to your MEC reps? NO! Have you talked to your P2P? NO! If you did, you would know that the CNC busted a move "MULTIPLE TIMES" trying to get our DumbAZZ mgmnt to get the deal done...but they are NOT going to sell us down the river...LIKE YOU WOULD DO....IDIOT! The mediation board now understands what our CNC has been putting up with for the last 4 plus years. According to some of the MEC, they feel like we may get released if the company does not play ball! They know what the company is doing...delay...delay...delay and I believe that they are going to put the fire to mgmnt!! Bring it on baby...Release Us..Release Us...! You will hear the "proverbial TURD" hit the floor in SGU all the way over in ATL! :cool:

You're an idiot. What happens when the CNC goes back on line and commits some minor infraction of the FOM or the POH. I imagine that, while the company would most likely not even notice if it was your mistake, they would view that as a perfect opportunity to begin hostage taking like they did last contract (which you, obviously, weren't around for). Put the CNC back on line and they all fly around with big targets on their backs. Personally, I think YP may have made an unwise decision to head out to the line, but time will tell.

Also, keep in mind these are the people who are out there negotiating on your behalf. I know 3 of them personally and I can assure you they don't enjoy the job they are doing. Agree with the way negotiations are going or not, you need to realize that these guys are offline on YOUR behalf. Perhaps you could think about that before you come on here sounding like a juvenile, spoiled, thankless little brat (which, come to think of it, I imagine you are.)

When I was on full time ALPA leave negotiating in '98, I was still flying 20-30 hours per month. The company didn't go after us then, and they wouldn't go after the current negotiators.

That being said, this isn't a money issue, since ALPA national is footing the bill- I say take as much money as we can from Herndon.....

Some of your points, looking back, may have merit. However, it is easy to be 20/20 in hindsight. We are where we are. It appears that they are diligently exhuasting all available remedies, as they should. If the pilot consensus has changed, then it should be showing up in their polls.

Some of us called it before it became "20/20 hindsight". In 2002, "hardline Arnold" didn't want to hear about taking some small inprovements and waiting until things improved..... "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead".....

Tomct: I know you have been at ASA for 30+ years and are almost able to hold weekends off on the 70! With all that experience I can't believe you still think we are going to get released.

I'm sure the mediator sat down with our boys at negotiations and said "You're right the company isn't here in good faith. I'm going straight to DC to demand a release."

Your rants are entertaining but the idea of getting released is so rediculous it makes you look a little... out of touch.

Oh yeah and this talk to your MEC or P2P rep garbage. Why? What are they going to tell me? That is like me talking to my senator about imigration reform.... "I know you are upset but we have to make sure that we get this right and all citizens get a fair deal. Sure we could pass some garbage tomorrow but this is a tough fight that we have to win for the good of the country. Tell your friends to write in and put pressure on these guys and maybe we can get this done."

I'm more of a results kind of guy. Sitting around a table mental masturbating about how much of a signing bonus we should get is why you have a Union.

I believe there are a growing number of lineholders ready for the union to produce some kind of results. A TA is a result and a release is a result. We are not asking for a rollover we are asking for progress. Two sessions every three months is not reasonable. Before you tell me that the mediator controls the schedule I will remind you that the union decided the company was not playing fair and refuses to meet without a mediator present. Holler all you want about the sacrifices that the MEC/CNC has made but I remind you that it really has not been a very bad gig for them.

That being said I believe on an individual basis all of the MEC/CNC are fine people and have our best interests at heart. They are doing what they love and getting paid fairly for it.

The background noise is just a general disgust with the pace of ASA's negotiations. I believe if the CNC does not step up the pace the noise will grow louder until it is a shout. I would hate to see these guys not finish the job but the lineholders patience is wearing very thin.

Latest resources

Back