ASA classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jan 2nd class

Ok I found out today the one and only Jan. class will be the 2nd. So, that means they will call soon to notify those lucky enough.

The person I talked with says the class will be another "all" RJ class based in DFW.

I didnt get class size, sorry!

Word is this will be the only new hire class till middle of 2003, reason being the extra pilots coming over from the EMB120, they expect to carry an excess load for a short term, of pilots.

Good luck!

It's been a great experience so far, but a long way to go.

Medeco

Pool

PilotMonkey said:
I havent heard of anything except through Medco. How long have you been in the pool. Ive been trying to get an idea of how far back the poolies go. Ive been in since mid Oct.

I interviewed just before Thanksgiving. But since they don't go with the normal 'first in first out', then I guess I have a chance at being in that Jan. class.
Lets all stay optimistic that they'll have another Jan class and/or at least a Feb and Mar class. I don't think they REALLY know that far in advance and when they quit interviewing this past fall they said they wouldn't interview anymore intill 03, but that all changed...I'm proof!!:D

Re: Pool

Lets all stay optimistic that they'll have another Jan class and/or at least a Feb and Mar class. I don't think they REALLY know that far in advance and when they quit interviewing this past fall they said they wouldn't interview anymore intill 03, but that all changed...I'm proof!!:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I would agree completely! and I should have said that before.

Medeco

I am also proof of that.

I interviewed in early Oct, and am still in the pool with everyone else. I have heard from a buddy at ASA that the displacements from the EMB120 could push us all back for class dates.

I've never been in a pool before, but it's more frustrating than waiting for that "yes/no" letter. Patience is key I guess.

The Scoop

I got a lot of info yesterday from HR.
Capt B. is no longer there.
The list for the Jan 2 class should be finalized on Wednesday.
They will be going to a "First-in-First-out" system on who gets to go to class after that.

Also, they didn't confirm that there will be no more classes till mid year, said they heard the same, but again, as we all know, things change daily.
They will be retireing only 2 of the turbo-props in January and are supposed to take delivery of 21 jets this year. So I would think we should all be in a class before too long.

Does anyone know how many crews they like to have for the props vs the jets? I hear it is usually more for the jets.

Last edited:
Class Date

:D
Just received a call from ASA. I'm in the Jan. 2nd class!!!!

There will be 20 in the class, but they have no information on what aircraft or bases at this time.

:) :D

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks for the prompt update Matrix! I interviewed in Nov also and am hoping for the same call today. I will keep the phone line open-

Do you think your call to HR yesterday helped you? Did they seem helpful when you called? And where did Capt B. go? Who was your contact in HR?

Sounds like there could be more classes soon, but you never know.

Thanks again.

The next class will be all CRJ FO's in DFW....this from one of those in the "know". There will be a drain on the DFW pilots with the 700 award for April. They will need people to fill the vacancies.

Jan 2, 2003

I am there and stoked. Very excited about joining the familia. Cheers mate, to all who got the call.

Question on one of the last replies. What do you mean by drain on the crj700 in dfw? Sorry for the dumb question. Is the 01/02 class going to be like the 12/09 class as far as aircraft assignment?

Again I am very excited about joing the ASA family....

Latest resources

Back