Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nov. 4th class

Hey guys,

Today is the start of a new class and I am hoping someone will post the # of slots open on each plane/domicile. And how did they assign.

Also, please let us know if they said when the next class is expected.

Thanks,
Medeco

Got the call this morning to replace a no show for the Nov 4th class. WOW am I glad I answered the phone! Good luck.

turning it in?

Guys / Girls:

I just got the application in the mail from ASA today and have completed it tonight. I am putting it on FEDEX in the morning. I was wondering what I can expect next -- time wise and what is expected at ASA? I have roughly 3000 hours and and about 750 multi with about 75 hours of turbine time. I think that I will get the interview, I guess... Any info will be great...

Congrats Jetpig,

It pays to answer the phone. I had a Airline recruiter call me in the middle of the day once, I was sure it was a telemarketer but answered the phone anyway. Good thing I did because I ended up getting an interview.

when did you interview with ASA?

I just overnighted (3 days from here) my resume and cover letter. Is there any idea how long for a response from ASA? Wish me luck.
thanks, j

December Class

Hey guys,

Just checking to see if anyone spoke to Capt. Boyd about the Dec. class this week? If rumor holds true of Dec. 2nd then they should begin calls next week.

I hope so anyway!

Medeco

I spoke with Joe the intern yesterday. He said they still weren't sure about the Dec classes that they were not sure they would want to start one because of the holidays. If they were going to start a class, they would be told this week sometime. He (Joe), said they really needed to start one, because they were short pilots.
Hope this helps a little. Hope there is a Dec 2nd class.....

Class Update

I spoke to Joe the intern today. He says that the Dec. 2nd class is not looking like it will happen since it is coming down to the wire on notification. He sounded pretty frustrated and started the conversation "I wish I had good news but I don't", this is the first time I have talked with him so i don't know how he usually speaks about things.

He said that if Dec. 2nd does not happen then it is possiple but not likely that they will have a class begin later in December. It is most likely that Jan. and Feb. will now be the next class dates and they have about 70 of us in the pool now. Enough for about three classes.

I asked what the actual need for new pilots to begin training and he stated that it is all depending on what Delta/ASA decides to do with the Brasilia in the immediate future. If they get rid of some soon, then they will have excess pilots. He went on to say that hopefully the RJ700 will soak up alot of that ,if that happens.

It seems there are two things in play.

1) The training department needs a break and they are holding out on accepting a new class this year.

2) Delta/ASA can not/have not made up their mind on the plane strategy

I'm just glad I made it into the pool before things slowed. At the same time I have seen them change directions like this before and then fire up two weeks later.

Other poolies please tell if you hear otherwise.

Medeco

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back