• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
none here, havent heard of anything...I think we will be waiting a little longer. Guess its back to Barnes and Noble for another good novel!!:D

No call here either.

I just spoke with a friend that is in training now, he said today that he had heard the Dec. class is cancelled.

I also spoke to a designated examiner at my work who is a Brasilia ground school teacher and said he didnt see how they could do a Dec. class because they are swamped.

Dec 9th class

Hey KFpilot,

Congrats! I called my voicemail as soon as I saw the post, but did not have the call. Then I spoke with Capt. Boyd to check in and they had already filled the class with 20 people for 20 slots.

She was very nice as always,and gave some good info on the future which pretty much is the same stuff we have all been talking about. Hiring is on hold till the pool is drained a bit with future classes. She says about 80 people in the pool, about 3 classes worth depending on size of class of course.

She also stated that this class date was determined yesterday and she was surprised.

I am curious about when you interviewed(date). She said that they had some poolies left over from july that they wanted to call first for this class.

Spoke with Joe...

Hey all...

Figured I'd add what I know here although I'm not sure its anything new...

Just got off the phone with Joe the intern. They had called me because they needed some more paperwork from me. Someone way back before I interviewed had told me that those consent forms you need to sign so past employers can release your records only applied to past 121/135 jobs. Turns out they needed one for an old flight instructing job I had too. Also...be sure your medical is up to date. Mine reverted to a second class and they want an updated one.

As Medeco said, Dec. 9th class is filled already. No more classes in December due to the holidays. Hiring is stopped for now although Joe said they may resume interviewing in January. He also was a little iffy about there being a January class...he said he thought there probably would be but he couldn't give me a date or even a 100% assurance that there would even BE a January class. He asked when I interviewed (beginning of October) and said that if there was a January class I would probably be in it. He's either real friendly or he has gone to Crew Scheduler school (tell pilots what they want to hear so you can get them off the phone...haha)

Anyway, that's the latest. Stand by for more changes....

Last edited:
I interviewed on Oct 10-11th.

I have heard that they have no reasoning behind who gets picked. One guy that interviewed with me, started in the Nov 4th class along with someone from June.
I would definately make sure they know that you can be called short notice..(if you can).. It seems that every class has a few no shows and they call people that Moday to start the next day. Hang in there...I know it isn't easy.

Dec. 9th class

Hey guys,

Well, All I can say is wow, and persistance pays.

After my post this morning. I went about work thinking I will be waiting for a call in Jan.

Well about 5pm I got a call on the radio in the plane saying I needed to come in and take a call, it was ASA. Turns out a original person selected for the class was unreachable, and since I had simply called to check-in and say I was available short notice, I suppose I was on there mind to call.

And now I am in the Dec. 9th class.

Yessssssssss!!!!!

This of course is not to rub it in, just to give insight for future classes and strategy.

Its only been six weeks since the interview, and I called about 3 weeks apart just to check in and say I am here.

Good luck to all, and I will update as I can.

Kfpilot I will see yah there!

Congrats all Dec 9'ers!! Keep 'em coming!

Good luck, and get ready! It is tough, and quite a grind!!!! Be prepared to study AT LEAST 16 hours a day after indoc! (including class time)

Be prepared to study AT LEAST 16 hours a day after indoc! (including class time) [/B]

You're kidding, right? 16 hours a day? Maybe if you're on the Brasilia. They were the only ones I saw studying a lot from my class. I don't know if we were all a bunch of slackers on the jet but it wasn't that hard and we all made it through without too much trouble.

It's definitely work but the training dept is good and the jet at least is pretty "pilot proof".

Congrats to everyone in class. As 79%N1 said, Keep 'em coming!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back