• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 70 seater was going to be an ATL airplane only, then Mother Delta decided she wanted the 70 in DFW. Because of this, ASA is going to base 4 CRJ700's in DFW 04-01-03, and the last award had vacancies for 700 pilots in DFW. The pay rate is much higher for senior captains (not so much for FO's) and because of there will be pilots moving from the 50 to the 70. I assume they anticipate movement and because of this are sending new hires to DFW.

Just my $.02

Did anyone else receive a call for the 01/2/03 class?

I called today and didnt get through. I had heard that they were finishing the list by today and if they were giving 2 weeks notice, that would mean they'd have to contact everyone by end of business today for that class.

I also heard that they go by "first in - first out"; well not really if one of the guys here interviewed in Nov and got a call, I interviewed in early Oct and haven't been called.

It's getting cold swimming in the pool.

me neither . . .

I didn't get the call either, but being a November interviewee, I guess that is not too unexpected. I think Matrix said that AFTER this class, then they are going to start going with first in, first out. Is that right, Matrix?

Any of you in class now, or awaiting, please pass on any vital info to us, mainly, 1) how many left in pool 2) future class dates, or estimates of same 3) what aircraft/domiciles are offered 4) good contact person, if you think phone calls to them would not be annoying. Avrodriver, you are bound to be next or soon, if I were you I might try to call just to make sure you weren't misplaced, since several November interviewees have been called for class.

Keep the faith.

They said that it SHOULD be first in first out, that it hasn't been in the past, and that in the future they would like to be going to it.

My interpretation is that it will start with the next class since this class was pretty much already picked before the change at the helm.

As for calling and bugging them, I would hold off on the calls until you hear through the grapevine that another class is coming on (insert date here) just like the first post by Medeco last week about the Jan 2nd class.

I did hear that the Jan class will have 20 in it, and I think the pool had enough for three classes in it before this one.

We'll keep you updated just as those before us have.

Hang in there!

FYI

They were interiviewing yesterday - 19 December. At least 5 of them from what I saw. They appear to be keeping the pool full. Training is backed up with new hires and the prop guys coming over to the jet. But as always, things change on short notice. Good place to work! Good luck and hang in there.

Thanks guys for the heads-up. I don't like calling over there because I always feel like I am pestering them. I had called them in late Nov regarding the Dec class and they told me that some of the poolees called were from April interviews. Wow! But I also heard that they are now down to the Oct interviewees being at the top of the list to be called next. That's why I was surprised to see Nov being called. That's fine. We'll all be there soon enough.

So where did Capt. B go?

when?

Can someone tell me when the passes kick in after you start class for family members. Do we have to wait until after IOE until we are "legal" to jumpseat?

thanks

You can jump seat from day one, (or rather as soon as you get your company IDs, which make take a day or so), your family has to wait 30 days. Buddy passes take longer.

Rumor Central...

Hey all,

Here are a couple of latest rumors (all from several sources) that don't bode well for those who are treading water:

ALL E120's gone by the end of the summer. This steps up the retirement pace significantly. I've been told it is because the airplanes are sitting around too much and not getting used efficiently, hence making them very expensive to operate. I've also heard that we may have a buyer for several, so maybe that plays into it somehow.

The removal of the E120 from the fleet so fast puts a huge demand on the training dept as they retrain all of us Brasilia drivers on new equipment. There are at least 250 pilots on the Brasilia, plus a bunch of training dept and mgmt guys, so it is going to be a long process retraining everyone.

Looks like I get displaced yet again.

The result of the removal of the E120 is a net loss of a/c for the year. A net loss of 2 is the number I've heard tossed around.

All of this means we won't need a whole bunch of new pilots, and our training dept won't be able to train a bunch of new guys anyway. To that end, the class that is suppossed to start in January is going to be the last on for a while.

Finally, the five people that interviewed were all former interns. If hired, they will be placed in the pool. I haven't heard of any general interviews recently.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back