ASA classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dec. 9th class

Update for those who care about class assignments at ASA.

The Dec. 9th class has 20 people in it.
The available slots were:

10 FO CRJ200 DFW
10 FO CRJ700 DFW

Of course the surprise is the 70 seater openings, but it seems that knowone is bidding the 70 because the lines are not so good, therefore the leftover goes to the newhire class.It has its good and bad sides, but I am not complaining in the least.

Thanks for the info. I just received the letter that I was put in the pool and can't wait to start.

Just curious why there were no props for this class. Did it just work out that way?

The props (E-120) are going away, first in ATL by April 2003, then later in DFW. I doubt they will have any more E-120 classes as people are slowly being displaced from the E-120 to other aircraft types, or to the E-120 in DFW (until it also goes away).

There will still be ATR classes from time to time, but a lot of the displaced EMB guys are moving to the ATR rather than the jet.

Last edited:
Props/class

Hey,

We found out today that they will have a class in January, I do not remember the date but I believe it will be early Jan.

When seats open up and knowone bids for them by a certain date then the leftover goes to newhire classes.

I do not agree with sleepy's statement of no new classes on the EMB120, but I could be wrong.I think there my be one or two more classes bases on the planes "current" life expectancy.Bottom line is the plane will be gone by 04.

Dallas is were the growth is so most ,but not all new hire classes will go to DFW, once the CRJ700 lines are well established things with start moving around in terms of bidding from the senior guys.

With the new 49% deal with DAL things are going to change even more.

We were also informed that the 700 guys will be pushed through ASAP because of need, even though the effective date for the 70 FO in DFW was 4/1/03, they said they will reserve in ATL till then.The RJ200 guys will be delayed in training because of a backup in the sim. I hope that gives me more time to get up to speed on things.

Hope the info help you poolies out some.

Medeco

Last edited:
I don't think there will be anymore E-120 classes for ATL. I doubt if DFW will get any either, but who knows. They are letting E-120 guys go to other aircraft as they retire aircraft (and paying a lot of them bypass pay).

I don't know how they do the per diem now. When I went through I was DFW based and got 24/7 per diem, except on weekends, holidays, and when we had a break in training. Best thing is to ask one of the pay people in the GO.

Re: 49% deal?

RyanB727 said:
Medeco,

What is the "new 49% deal with DAL" that you mentioned?

I am still learning so I am sure to be corrected if wrong. I think the DAL contract says if more than 4 months of loss then the scope can grow from x % to a larger % that DAL is allowed to outsource to and not be required to use mainline planes.

In general I thinks this is right.

Last edited:
Jan. class?

Has anyone else heard of a Jan. class starting? If so, do you know the date and have they scheduled or contacted anyone to be in it yet? Just one class in Jan?
Lots of questions, but I am just ready to get out of the pool!!

I havent heard of anything except through Medco. How long have you been in the pool. Ive been trying to get an idea of how far back the poolies go. Ive been in since mid Oct.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back