• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA callback rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scott was in the lounge yesterday and reiterated his email from a few weeks ago, make your money now because there will be a large drop in block hours come fall. So, no, no rumors about callbacks...

Yep-

Scott is such a moron! It is IMPOSSIBLE to pick anything up-all we have in open time is 3 and 4 day trips!

-Oh well-I guess this dumbass will not recognize this simple fact and we will continue to cancel due to low staffing!

I've not heard anything about more furloughs in the fall. I've heard several rumors that things could be in the works to offset the 20 airframes we are parking next spring. In this business, no one knows for sure what the unfolding plan will be until it actually starts happening- the spring is an eternity away in this business. Brad continuously states that it makes "No sense for us to fly for only one carrier". Besides the more aircraft we park, the more expensive we get- not condusive to lowering our cost structure.

I'm sitting here after another fun day as teller waiting real patiently for the call to come back. I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors?
Thanks.

How'd you get a job as a teller? I'm furloughed too and thought that would be a decent "temp" job until recall. The places I've talked to though say I'm "overqualified"!:rolleyes:

: With the merger we now have so many different types of aircraft. Are there plans to keep going with fleet simplification and weeding out the oddball aircraft?
May 19, 2009

A: While we do have a large number of fleet types, don’t forget we are also the largest airline in the world with a large number of fleet needs. We decided this past quarter to retire the 747-200 freighter fleet. We will be looking to retire/replace the DC-9s over the next three to five years. We are continuing to eliminate 50-seat regional jet flying as well. I think there will be further opportunities as we look ahead. But at the same time, new aircraft are quite expensive, which needs to be balanced against the cost of the complexity of the various fleet types we currently carry.

How'd you get a job as a teller? I'm furloughed too and thought that would be a decent "temp" job until recall. The places I've talked to though say I'm "overqualified"!:rolleyes:
I think the only reason why I got the job was because I know Spanish. It is a decent job though.

Yep-

Scott is such a moron! It is IMPOSSIBLE to pick anything up-all we have in open time is 3 and 4 day trips!

-Oh well-I guess this dumbass will not recognize this simple fact and we will continue to cancel due to low staffing!
Thats the spirit, pilots furloughed, I'm going to pick up open time

Thats the spirit, pilots furloughed, I'm going to pick up open time

I don't do open time-I haven't since the furloughs happened. I am just pointing out the intelligence level we are dealing with from our fearless D.O.

Latest resources

Back