ASA callback rumors

n8avi8

Total Time
I'm sitting here after another fun day as teller waiting real patiently for the call to come back. I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors?
Thanks.

crj567

I'm sitting here after another fun day as teller waiting real patiently for the call to come back. I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors?
Thanks.
The only rumor I have heard is about MORE furloughs in the fall.... Not good times!

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
All regionals are just contract jobs anyway....things will look up in the future... dont take it personal, it happens. Its all just temp work anyway

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Those 20, 50-seaters that will be reitred in 2010 need a home, otherwise I would expect more furloughs.

777forever

Total Time
Those 20, 50-seaters that will be reitred in 2010 need a home, otherwise I would expect more furloughs.
I've heard they are not being retired. If ASA does not find a home for them they will be flown for Delta on a pro-rate at risk basis.

SLUF4

Total Time
I keep hearing the rumor of more furloughs, but nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. Let's just hope we can make it through this summer without being last everyday in performance.

Smacktard

Total Time
4000+
Thanks.
Scott was in the lounge yesterday and reiterated his email from a few weeks ago, make your money now because there will be a large drop in block hours come fall. So, no, no rumors about callbacks...

Abernathy

Truthiness
Total Time
Lots
We cancelled flights yesterday for lack of FOs and FAs. And the ramping up hasn't even begun yet.

jstyle13

Reserve for life!
Total Time
They are just gonna sturggle through the summer with minimum staffing and take a hit on the dept-0 and A-14 numbers instead of calling back guys for 2 months only to have to furlough again come fall.....

Redan

Total Time
5500+
If company is able to squeeze in with PBS there will probably be even less chance of callbacks.

crj567

Scott was in the lounge yesterday and reiterated his email from a few weeks ago, make your money now because there will be a large drop in block hours come fall. So, no, no rumors about callbacks...
Yep-

Scott is such a moron! It is IMPOSSIBLE to pick anything up-all we have in open time is 3 and 4 day trips!

-Oh well-I guess this dumbass will not recognize this simple fact and we will continue to cancel due to low staffing!

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
I've not heard anything about more furloughs in the fall. I've heard several rumors that things could be in the works to offset the 20 airframes we are parking next spring. In this business, no one knows for sure what the unfolding plan will be until it actually starts happening- the spring is an eternity away in this business. Brad continuously states that it makes "No sense for us to fly for only one carrier". Besides the more aircraft we park, the more expensive we get- not condusive to lowering our cost structure.

JudgeSmails218

Total Time
Enough
Thanks.

How'd you get a job as a teller? I'm furloughed too and thought that would be a decent "temp" job until recall. The places I've talked to though say I'm "overqualified"!:rolleyes:

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
sucks... but Im sure they will just send us SKW guys to ATL...I hope not for both of our sanity

JettBoii

: With the merger we now have so many different types of aircraft. Are there plans to keep going with fleet simplification and weeding out the oddball aircraft?
May 19, 2009

A: While we do have a large number of fleet types, don’t forget we are also the largest airline in the world with a large number of fleet needs. We decided this past quarter to retire the 747-200 freighter fleet. We will be looking to retire/replace the DC-9s over the next three to five years. We are continuing to eliminate 50-seat regional jet flying as well. I think there will be further opportunities as we look ahead. But at the same time, new aircraft are quite expensive, which needs to be balanced against the cost of the complexity of the various fleet types we currently carry.

n8avi8

Total Time
How'd you get a job as a teller? I'm furloughed too and thought that would be a decent "temp" job until recall. The places I've talked to though say I'm "overqualified"!:rolleyes:
I think the only reason why I got the job was because I know Spanish. It is a decent job though.

samballs

Total Time
Yep-

Scott is such a moron! It is IMPOSSIBLE to pick anything up-all we have in open time is 3 and 4 day trips!

-Oh well-I guess this dumbass will not recognize this simple fact and we will continue to cancel due to low staffing!
Thats the spirit, pilots furloughed, I'm going to pick up open time

crj567

Thats the spirit, pilots furloughed, I'm going to pick up open time
I don't do open time-I haven't since the furloughs happened. I am just pointing out the intelligence level we are dealing with from our fearless D.O.