• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: Are the new planes really coming?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I figure you may see ASA get the CRJ900, but with a first class section. That would probably make it seat 70 and that would be legal with the new scope?

Don't expect any E170s to be added to Delta flying without at least a J4J agreement with the DAL mainline furloughees. I'll bet CHQ is angling for more Delta work and E170 flying would probably be the next step forward (not much need for the EMB135)...

michael707767 said:
I figure you may see ASA get the CRJ900, but with a first class section. That would probably make it seat 70 and that would be legal with the new scope?
I think the scope restrictions have weight restrictions in addition to the seat
restrictions, so I doubt this will happen.

michael707767 said:

Mike,
I hope we would NOT get the 900s. From what I have gathered in different readings is that whereas the 700 is quite the step up over the 200, the 900 is step DOWN from the 700. More seats, same engines - less performance.
Just what I have heard.

What's the web forum for ASA? (i.e. CHQlounge.com)

Thanks

Paul

Need one

This is the closest you will get to having one for ASA! I wish we had one....Unless you are an ASA pilot and can get on the ALPA webboards this is the best you'll get.
Cheers

Thanks, I just started bugging them with resume's about a week ago. Hopefully I'll get a christmas present out of it..... the glamerous freightdog lifestyle isn't all it's cracked up to be.... the only thing that keeps me going is all the women it gets me, the money of course, and the awesome QOL we have.

heh

movingviolation said:
What's the web forum for ASA? (i.e. CHQlounge.com)
Unlike Comair, we don't even have our own website, just a small part of Delta.com.

Then again, Comair seems to be more capable (for better or worse) of independant thought, as opposed to our puppets at the GO.

Last edited:
1 Future upgrade awards may not be until they get everyone fom DFW to ATL.

2 There is a class of 12 ATL CRJ CA that started Dec 8, all junior. So there are upgrades still taking place.

3 I rode on an E170 on my next to last commute home from DFW. I didn't have very big expectations, but was totally impressed. I thought the 900 would be the best way for DCI to go, but now I hope the CRJ gets used like the turboprop replacement it is, and we get E170s and E190s (in a two class, 70 configuration, of course) for longer flights. Ideally mainline should fly them, but it doesn't look like it will happen under the new agreement.

4 From what I've heard from people who actually fly the CRJ 900 on line, it performs more like a 700 than a 200, but it would be like spam in a can for the pax.

Last edited:
WMS,

DCI can have 68 more 70 seaters, which ever kind Skip or Randy would like, and then we need to gain 10,000 block hours for each additional 70 seater after that. I have a feeling we at mainline might go after some sort of 100 seaters or replacements for the 737-200s, like EMB-190s or 737-700s. I think that is how the TA reads....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back