• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA and Greencards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent post aussfly! And BTW Pipejockey, if you realy believe that foreigners don't have a right to work in this country, you shouldn't either unless you were born a Native American Indian. If not, you're essentially a foreigner too, aren't you?
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1099765", true);

PacoPollo said:
I have a flying job in this country. I dont even have a visa....

Oh come on now Paco. What do you mean by "a flying job"? We all know you are a ground pounder....you poser.

Last edited:
Dirty Sanchez said:
If you get a flying job in your own country you don't need a green card...

Deep...spoken like a man who has a true understanding of the history and heritage of how this 200+ year democracy was developed...

Any other nuggets there chief?

May I ask what native American tribe you hail from?

respectfully...

fv

1013dot25hPa said:
I can't believe you make the statements you have made. It trully shows your enormous ignorance.
You want to start talking about ignorance, well lets begin!

1013dot25hPa said:
Next time your shopping for shampoo or laundry soap etc, check the small print, I'll bet you see the name Unilever on there which again is a major European company. The World Trade Center was Japanese and I can go on and on and on.
And what is your point? Is this supposed to make me find love in my heart for all of these so called foreign investors? What you describe is the result of a complete failure of our economic policy which is only concerned about big business, and company portfolios.

Everything we buy in the USA has a label that says...
Made in "insert any 2 bit country". It's not because we can't do it ourselves, it's because corporate America can watch their profits soar while we get 2nd rate products to buy.

1013dot25hPa said:
Be carefull with what you say and wish for, it might come true. If all foreign investors would withdraw from the US, the US would be bankrupt!
Lets see. How about poor pathetic little USA who you feel is so dependent upon other nations, decides to bring back all of the industry it has outsourced for well over 50 years. First off, citizens of the USA would finally be able to see "Made in the USA" marks once again. Many of us would be seeing those words for the first time. And all the while we would be seeing those oh so important foreign nations wither at the vine. It would be glorious!! Sure, there would be hardships as we transitioned our economy back to a domestic based economy, but in the long run we would be far better off.

The simple fact is that the world needs us more then we need it!! Who does everyone come running to when they are in trouble? You guessed it:rolleyes: the good ole USA. When Israel and Lebanon started throwing their toys at one another like a couple 2 year olds, who is immediately asked to come up with a plan to end it? You guessed it:rolleyes: the good ole USA.

1013dot25hPa said:
I wouldn't P!SS foreigners off too much as we will be in a world of hurt.
Is that so? I guess we should have left you foreigners to your own devices 65 years ago. I wonder if there would even be any of your big shot "foreign investors" around to do their investing:rolleyes:.

Pipejockey,
here are my suggestions :
1. Get a US passport
2. DON'T use it to board planes flying to see your cousin that you are married to.
3. DO use it to go OUTSIDE US of A.
4. Fly to Kazakhistan and say hello to Borat. :)

Smash312 said:
Does anyone know if ASA hire people with Greencards? I know all airlines like to portray that they do hire candidates with Greencards, but from what I've been told, the vast majority of airlines like to steer clear of them because of the added paperwork involved. Anyone know if this is the case at ASA?

Smash,
if someone doesn't want to hire you, train you or refuses the job JUST because you have a Permanent Residency, any immigration attorney will be more than glad to talk to you.
In order to get a job in US you need to be a citizen OR have the right to live and work in USA. Permanent Residency allows you to do so.

After Sept. 11 some carriers like ACA jumped the gone to require citizenship for applicants and we got together as "green card pilots" and started to edjukate them.

On the other hand, hidden racism does happen from time to time; not in companies of the size of ASA though.

Good luck..

Yet another "greencard pilot" who will be a citizen soon; but that won't even be acceptable for some bozos on this board.

chicks dig us.

game, set and match.

Freaking Eurotrash steeling our jobs and f*cking our women folk!

Latest resources

Back