ASA and Greencards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Coool Hand Luke said:
Do you really think that is why "a lot of countries" don't recongnise the FAA license? Come on now. SO tell us then, why is it to so many pilot's come over here to do their simulator training? And why would they if their country wouldn't recognise it?

Because the sim rates are far cheaper, lodging also BUT they are tested to their contries standards with appointed examiners not with FAA examiners. I did DC8 sim in the US for exactly those reasons even though our approved sim course was 6 seasons more than the ones offered for the US rating.

I am not necessarily saying the US system is inferior, but overseas requirements are more intense and cover a lot more material.

Last edited:
yes I know, I used to teach JAA clients at a part 142 training center. SO I know JAA training rules quite well. What makes JAA a pain isnt the level of instruction, it's the paper work. Trust me, I no longer complain about the FAA processes.

ex j-41 said:
Dude there are american's all over the world. Getting hired all over the world
flying in China, Japan, even russia.

There are not enough qualified pilots in those countries to meet demand. If there were furloughed Chinese, Russian, Japanese pilots in their own countries, they wouldn't be hiring us.

ex j-41 said:
Worried about the Mexican's moving in? What about the Mexican's worried
about Americans? Do you have any idea how many companied have moved
to Mexico because of free trade?
General Motors, VW, Honeywell, sony, Nissan, General Electric etc...
They are in Mexico because of the lack of labor laws......low low low
enviromental laws.

And this fact upsets the Mexicans? Come on man, I shouldn't have to explain this. The Mexicans LOVE the US companies that relocate over there and provide them some good jobs by Mexican standards. Everyone is happy except the US worker who is shafted out of his job and pension by NAFTA which has been a huge failure for the people of the USA, and a windfall for the foreigners.

ex j-41 said:
But you would need courage and strength to pack up and move half way
around the world. Do YOU have what it takes?

NO!! And why would I want to? It would be like moving from the "deeelux apartment in the sky" to the projects!

Now go make dinner weezie!

Ignorance and more Ignorance. What if every American Overseas came back to the USA and took your 22/H Barbie Jet Job. Flying Jobs are just like ************************* you have to know were to look for it. The only point that i do agree on is according to mexican law only mexican born can fly in mexico even if you are legal naturalized Citizen. In that case they shoulld not aloud to fly out side of mexico.

federico said:
Ignorance and more Ignorance. What if every American Overseas came back to the USA and took your 22/H Barbie Jet Job.

Why does everyone think I fly an RJ? Try reading the prfile and maybe you'd see I don't!

hard workin 'mericans

If even one hard workin 'merican pilot is on furlough no pilot from anywhere else should be able to get a job here as a pilot. simple.

pipejockey said:
And I have to listen to people like you whine and belly ache about people like me who you feel are ignorant and xenophobic because we expect that our most coveted jobs be given to natural born citizens of the USA first. The nerve of you people!!:angryfire

Why should natural born citizens be given priority?
Hiring decision should be based on ability and merits.
That's why we have sim evaluation and knowledge test in interviews.

An immigrant pilot

pipejockey and beech_boy:
I certainly don't feel guilty taking the "most coveted jobs" from your fellow natural born citizens.
My family came on an enterpreneur visa, which means we have made significant investment in this country and have to create jobs for US citizens.
It just show your ignorance to stereotype.

Last edited:
So to the last two posters; Can a pilot from the US go get a job in your country? For that matter, what are the rules for someone from the US to get any job in your countries? Almost every other country in the world will not allow outsiders to come in and take jobs unless there are no natives to fill them. Europe does this, as do most other countries. We should have the same rules here that other countries have.

Latest resources

Back