ASA and Greencards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
now I can only reply from my african perspective, but you know that our
d!cks are only 2".......................

2" from the ground that is!

When you see an african walking down the street scratching his shin, it may not be as innocent as it at first seems!

As for "made in the USA"................. that was long ago replaced by "made in China", and we can only guess how "massively overdeveloped" they are.

Cardenal said:
Don't let the ignorant, xenophobic opinion quoted above taint your opinion of us.
How is it ignorant and xenophobic for us to expect that with the over abundance of pilot candidates we have in this country, that we would give preference to our own natural born citizens? If the situation in Asia or the Mid-East was like it is in this country, you can bet your bottom dollar Emirates, and Cathay wouldn't think of hiring a pilot from the United States.

It's all about need. And airlines in the United States have 8000 or so pilots furloughed, and you have the gall to call us ignorant and xenophobes.

Just try as an American to immigrate to Japan, or China, or even some of the European Countries, and you would find it nearly impossible. Yet we Americans are supposed to keep the floodgates open for eternity? This isn't a country in need of people to propagate and develop it into a super power like we once did. We are a country with a burgeoning population from not only legal immigration, but ILLEGAL as well. 300 million, and rising out of control. Urban sprawl is eating up prime real-estate at an alarming rate, all the while pricing people like me (a 7th generation American) out of our original neighborhoods. When do we stop it? At 400 Million? 500 Million? So when? Tell me!
Population growth is an exponential curve. Check it out and see what I mean.

And we are condemned for even thinking about stopping our ILLEGAL immigration. Some say we should put out watering stations so the illegals can make their journey through the desert without any undue hardship. My ancestors fought and died in every major war this counrty has been involved in, so that they can pass along something better to their descendents.

And I have to listen to people like you whine and belly ache about people like me who you feel are ignorant and xenophobic because we expect that our most coveted jobs be given to natural born citizens of the USA first. The nerve of you people!!:angryfire

Last edited:
American's in Mexico

we expect that our most coveted jobs be given to natural born citizens

Dude there are american's all over the world. Getting hired all over the world
flying in China, Japan, even russia. Get over yourself thinking that the only
immigration in the world takes place here.
Worried about the Mexican's moving in? What about the Mexican's worried
about Americans? Do you have any idea how many companied have moved
to Mexico because of free trade?
General Motors, VW, Honeywell, sony, Nissan, General Electric etc...
They are in Mexico because of the lack of labor laws......low low low
enviromental laws.
My point is, is that there are American's in every country in the world, doing
just about any job. You could move to England if you wanted to.
You just have to go through all the SAME immigration process that
foreigners have to do here.
But you would need courage and strength to pack up and move half way
around the world. Do YOU have what it takes?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the EU have a policy of only allowing outsiders to work at a job if there are no qualified candidates from the specific country, and then from the entire EU?

Guys, as we've all been told on here a thousand times....it's not that we U.S. pilot's cannot go over to the EU to fly, it's just that none of us American pilots are smart enought to pass those tough written exams that they have over there in the EU.

I for one bow down to our far superior neighbors to the east (right after I throw up)

Beech_boy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the EU have a policy of only allowing outsiders to work at a job if there are no qualified candidates from the specific country, and then from the entire EU?

No different to the US. You can try and sponsor someone for a job here but you have to jump through many hoops and prove that there is no suitably qualified people here to do the job then they will get a TEMPORY visa to work.

Getting the right to live / work in the US is no different and just as hard if you tried for Europe or the rest of the world. Europe has the same immigration problems as the US with the former eastern block countries being the "Mexicans" of Europe, the far east have the Chinese.

If you want to work in Europe (or any where else) you have to be prepared to get off your @ss and do some major foot work, just as those willing to come here. There is nothing stopping you. Or you could just marry someone and get in that way.

It is narrow minded to sit and think that the US is an open door, it's not in more ways than you might think.

Coool Hand Luke said:
Guys, as we've all been told on here a thousand times....it's not that we U.S. pilot's cannot go over to the EU to fly, it's just that none of us American pilots are smart enought to pass those tough written exams that they have over there in the EU.quote]

Most would never be able to pass the exams in any case! Yes I have overseas licenses and having had the US ATP first, I found that that in NO way prepared you for writting anyone elses licenses. Sad but the US exams are pretty much a joke when it comes to a knowledge base. Thats why a lot of countries don't recognise the FAA license.

Yes

That is partly correct.
There are many ways to get a work permit in England or the EU.
They mirror the USA's immigration policy.

The USA also has the same policy. IF there are not enough workers in a
particular sector then companies are free to look elsewhere. The rules
are quite clear on how they prove that no Americans are available for the
job.

But that is just one of many ways to immigrate to England.

Most would never be able to pass the exams in any case! Yes I have overseas licenses and having had the US ATP first, I found that that in NO way prepared you for writting anyone elses licenses. Sad but the US exams are pretty much a joke when it comes to a knowledge base. Thats why a lot of countries don't recognise the FAA license.
Do you really think that is why "a lot of countries" don't recongnise the FAA license? Come on now. SO tell us then, why is it to so many pilot's come over here to do their simulator training? And why would they if their country wouldn't recognise it? And how many Boeing or Airbus F/O's do you see over here in the U.S. with 500 hours total time? NONE. But hey, I am sure all those passengers over in the EU would take comfort in the fact that while thier co-pilot only has 500 hours....he did take a very hard written exam...oh, and he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night too.

pipejockey said:
How is it ignorant and xenophobic for us to expect that with the over abundance of pilot candidates we have in this country, that we would give preference to our own natural born citizens?

And I have to listen to people like you whine and belly ache about people like me who you feel are ignorant and xenophobic because we expect that our most coveted jobs be given to natural born citizens of the USA first. The nerve of you people!!:angryfire

Let me guess..................

You've never been west of the Alabama State line?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back