• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA and Greencards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are asking the "country" I am from, the answer is yes. I'm originally from VHHH; CX, KA and several others small carriers accept applicants from all over the world, in fact they make up the majority. Believe it or not, there are local applicants (already with CPL) who get turned down bcos they do not meet the company standard. Again, abilities and merits or # of hours (experience).
Just FYI, I first started flying in the US as a hobby. I did not came here for pilot jobs. And I believe the number of foreign born commercial pilots in the US are still very insignificant.
I believe anyone who is competent deserve a job.

Everyone fly save.

And to say foreigners took away flying jobs is just plain wrong. Say if someone got furloughed from a major. I'm pretty sure he/she can easily find a job with a regional, fractional or whatever. There are still plenty of jobs in this country. The question is whether those individuals are willing to take a step back.

Beech_boy said:
So to the last two posters; Can a pilot from the US go get a job in your country? For that matter, what are the rules for someone from the US to get any job in your countries? Almost every other country in the world will not allow outsiders to come in and take jobs unless there are no natives to fill them. Europe does this, as do most other countries. We should have the same rules here that other countries have.

Never been outside the beautiful state of Alabama I guess ?

No different to the US. You can try and sponsor someone for a job here but you have to jump through many hoops and prove that there is no suitably qualified people here to do the job then they will get a TEMPORY visa to work.

Getting the right to live / work in the US is no different and just as hard if you tried for Europe or the rest of the world. Europe has the same immigration problems as the US with the former eastern block countries being the "Mexicans" of Europe, the far east have the Chinese.

If you want to work in Europe (or any where else) you have to be prepared to get off your @ss and do some major foot work, just as those willing to come here. There is nothing stopping you. Or you could just marry someone and get in that way.

It is narrow minded to sit and think that the US is an open door, it's not in more ways than you might think.

READ !

8AF said:
pipejockey and beech_boy:
My family came on an enterpreneur visa, which means we have made significant investment in this country

Don't dare give me your "significant investment in this country" drivel! My ancestors have given blood and their lives in wars dating back to the Revolutionary War for this country.

Typical foreigner attitude...What can the USA do for me? You all gripe and moan about this country, but you all sure love the billions in aid we give your homeland.

pipejockey said:
Don't dare give me your "significant investment in this country" drivel! My ancestors have given blood and their lives in wars dating back to the Revolutionary War for this country.

Typical foreigner attitude...What can the USA do for me? You all gripe and moan about this country, but you all sure love the billions in aid we give your homeland.

Your ancestors. What great contributions have you made? Given blood to the Red Cross? :D
Serious, it's a good thing to do.

Really? Read this (info from Wikipedia):

"U.S. Treasury statistics indicate that, at the end of 2004, foreigners held 44% of federal debt held by the public. [6] About 64% of that 44% was held by the central banks of other countries. A large portion was held by the central banks of Japan and China, although, most was held by members of the EU. This exposes the United States to potential financial or political risk that either bank will stop buying Treasury securities or start selling them heavily."

You still think the whole world depends on the US? It is closer to the truth that countries needs to work with each other.

"In the United States, popular estimates of spending on aid are often highly inflated. Surveys show that people typically think 15-20% of the federal budget is spent on aid; the real number is closer to 1%. In absolute terms, the $15-20bn of aid compares with $50bn spent annually on the war on drugs and $500bn spent on the military."

I did not gripe and moan. I love this country. I only have problems with rednecks and the arrogance of your like. BTW, I became a citizen, so don't call me a foreigner.

I'm not going to waste more time on this thread.

Last edited:
pipejockey said:

Did i mention I smell a racist!!

Beech Boy,

The answer is yes. A US Citizen can get a flying job in Europe as long as you have the right to live and work in the EU (same as in the US), have a sponsor (same as in the US) and have the required licenses, cetrificates and type ratings (same as in the US).

For your info, there are quite a few US pilots living and working in Europe. I personally know of several working for KLM in The Netherlands and British Airway's in the UK.

Pipejockey,

Which foreign pilot have you seen or hear moan and gripe about this country on this board? Do you personally know all foreigners in this country to make a blanket statement like you made?

I can't believe you make the statements you have made. It trully shows your enormous ignorance. Do you have any idea how many major businesses are are owned by foreign investors and employ US Citizens? Come to mind is Northwest Airlines which is partially owned by KLM and Air France, your favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream is for 100% owned by a Dutch Investment conglomeration. Next time your shopping for shampoo or laundry soap etc, check the small print, I'll bet you see the name Unilever on there which again is a major European company. The World Trade Center was Japanese and I can go on and on and on.

Be carefull with what you say and wish for, it might come true. If all foreign investors would withdraw from the US, the US would be bankrupt! Do you know who funds the war on terror? You guessed it, China! The US sells treasure bonds to China (almost exclusively) to fund the war. You know what, at some point the US has to pay back the Chinese for those as they are in essence loans made to the US from China. I wouldn't P!SS foreigners off too much as we will be in a world of hurt.

Last edited:
See the thing is no matter what country you are from there are **************************************** and a few are coming out in this thread. The reality is Citizenship is not a right but a responsiblity. Too many people think that just because they were born in a country and that so and so ancestor did this that they are a good citizen. WRONG.

Citizenship isnt a right its something that is earned whether you were born there or not. Just go and look at how many mexicans who have permanent residency in the US are serving in Iraq in the armed forces. Defending a country they arnt even a citizen of yet. These people have in fact done more for the country than most US Citizens ever will. They are prepared to make the ultiamte sacrifice for the US way of life.

So before you start shooting your mouth off about your god given right blah blah blah maybe you should think about what the US was founded upon. It seems to me that you have forgotten about give us your tired give us your poor. The reality is that the US is a country of immigrants and your `ancestors' were likely imigrants to.

So maybe your not quite as american as some people who have paid the ultimate price. What have YOU done for your country lately!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back