• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa - 22 Crj900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets order a CRJ-6000. It would be two hundred and fifty feet long. We could do an eight class configuration, and it would still be a common type. It is still an RJ, so it will pay dirt cheap to fly, the cabins will be filthy, and we won't even need a jet bridge. I should be in management, or down at Riddle. Sweet.

Texx said:
You've been at ASA for about 2 months and your an expert in the airline industry.

It's just called common sense dude. Has nothing to do with how long I've been with ASA.

Originally Posted by Texx
Well the 900 comes with 86 seats and the 705 comes with 75 seats. If you work here you should know to wait until you see it in print first. Another SJS player.

Well, first of all...I didn't say I believed it or that it wasn't just a bunch of management b.s.....I was just sharing info with you.

Second, they were talking about the 900(86 seats - but configured with a first class section that would bring it down to 79 seats).

They also said we would not be receiving any new 50 seats - everything else would be -700 and up. They even said Bombardier announced they would not be building any more 50 seaters.

Building any and getting any are 2 different things.......
Plenty of 2nd & 3rd hand 50's out there!

First I belive the order was for 18-900 and 4-700 but any of them can be changed to the 700 or 900 or 705 or 200 ect.... I think when Delta decides what they are going to do (scope...RJ's...ect... ) that is when we will find out how things will shake out.. I think there will be a big shake up i nthe Delta Connection system around the frist of the year.

I'm just curious, are these phantom 900's for Delta or are they for another code-share that Skywest has been talking about since they bought ASA?

Also, you bet ASA is not getting any deliveries from YUL since Skywest bought us; they'll go to Skywest Holdings, then they'll be "awarded" to either Skywest Airlines or ASA.

DrunkIrishman said:
Also, you bet ASA is not getting any deliveries from YUL since Skywest bought us; they'll go to Skywest Holdings, then they'll be "awarded" to either Skywest Airlines or ASA.

That is correct. SkyWest, Inc., the holding company has the delivery slots. According to what I've read it could be 705's, 900's, or a combination of both. Aircraft could go to both carriers or just one. It's basically indeterminate at this point.

Dave Benjamin said:
That is correct. SkyWest, Inc., the holding company has the delivery slots. According to what I've read it could be 705's, 900's, or a combination of both. Aircraft could go to both carriers or just one. It's basically indeterminate at this point.

Dave,

My bet is on the -700 series.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OARfan said:
Hmmmm, 10 years ago we were in EMB-120's, now 90 seaters. What next, 737's while still making Regional wages? We're a regional airline, we should stay that way. I hope the boys in the majors are able to fly'em. Or else "The Dream" will be surely gone. Or wait....has it happened already?

Interesting point. Unless we can score a new higher rate for this and risk our jobs doing so, it's better off at the majors.

Any future ASA deliveries will come under SKYW name. They are the "Parent" company now. Just like the previous announcements came as DAL ordering large numbers of CRJ (for Comair and ASA). Don't be fooled by the lack of ASA's name on delivery list's

Latest resources

Back