Asa - 22 Crj900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

No Delay

Okay, okay....I know this is an old rumor and I know you can't trust the guys in the training department (when it comes to rumors) but...

I was doing a checkride today and there was an indoc class going on and everyone was talking about one of the VPs talking to the class (Tutt, I think) and annouced we had a firm order of 22 CRJ900 (79 seat configuration).

Just thought I would share it...

wmuflyguy said:
well that isnt good for anyone

In the aviation world, movement is good. People in CRJ-700s will go to the 900, people in the 200 will go to the 700, and that means that I will go up in seniority on the 200. It is rediculous to think that the "majors" are going to survive in their current state, so the people trying to hold the status quo had better think twice. Changes are going to happen.

Regionals are now career choices, so if I'm making a career here, I want a large number of aircraft of any type at ASA.

Are you talking about basic indoc for new hires? I thought the last one of those for the time being finished up a couple weeks ago.

Hmmmm, 10 years ago we were in EMB-120's, now 90 seaters. What next, 737's while still making Regional wages? We're a regional airline, we should stay that way. I hope the boys in the majors are able to fly'em. Or else "The Dream" will be surely gone. Or wait....has it happened already?

OARfan said:
Hmmmm, 10 years ago we were in EMB-120's, now 90 seaters. What next, 737's while still making Regional wages? We're a regional airline, we should stay that way. I hope the boys in the majors are able to fly'em. Or else "The Dream" will be surely gone. Or wait....has it happened already?

idiot

Care to elaborate, Uncle Rico?

How are more regional jobs good for this career?

Well about a day ago I talked to the man that represents us in Montreal and said there are NO deliveries planned at all for ASA not even in 2006, in fact there is a brand new 50-seater painted in ASA colors that will not be given to us and is sold already to someone else. Not such good news...I wouldn't buy that whole 900 rumor sorry.

Latest resources

Back