• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa - 22 Crj900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest is the Borg (sp?) from Star Trek - they assimilate anyone in their path!!! Look out DAL and UAL - SW just might have the purchase power to do it!

If I had stayed #170 of 2200 would be kinda nice right about now - come to think of it naw. Schedules have only gotten worse in the last 6 years.

ASA won't get any bigger airplanes unless Skywest Holdings can get them to fly them for the same rate as the 700 or even less. They almost got the Skywest pilots to do it for the 50 seat pay. Eventually, the Skywest pilots will agree and while we'll get a pay raise, it will be alot less them the ASA pilots would of done it for. Our pilot group, is weak. The last contract as you all know was voted down. It was the first time in Skywest history that the pilots voted down a contract and that was because it was ridiculously low, like 50 to 80 cent raises for everyone so it wasn't hard to vote no. But if Skywests offers $2 or $3 more, you can bet the pilots will take it. Expect Skywest pilots to fly the 900s for 50 pay out of ATL eventually.

Going2Baja said:
SkyWest is the Borg (sp?) from Star Trek - they assimilate anyone in their path!!! Look out DAL and UAL - SW just might have the purchase power to do it!

If I had stayed #170 of 2200 would be kinda nice right about now - come to think of it naw. Schedules have only gotten worse in the last 6 years.

If I'm reading your profile correctly you left SkyWest for a 727 job. Are you saying that being furloughed is better than being a senior captain at SKYW? That's an interesting perspective.

General Lee said:
Dave,

My bet is on the -700 series.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That would make sense. Hopefully your MEC will be able to negotiate to get anything over 70 seats on the property and get your furloughs back in the cockpit. I just hope the DAL mainline pay rates don't lower the bar for the regional industry.

I, for one, hope we get as many new planes as possible. The bigger, the better for me. Someone is going to get them and it isn't going to be mainline. Might as well be me.

Dave Benjamin said:
That would make sense. Hopefully your MEC will be able to negotiate to get anything over 70 seats on the property and get your furloughs back in the cockpit. I just hope the DAL mainline pay rates don't lower the bar for the regional industry.

Dave,

That is the CR7. Dalpa just offered the company a new deal with 200 TOTAL 70 seaters involved. No 79 seaters etc. And, as far as the rates go, the new benchmark for 100 seaters was set by Jetblue. The new rates proposed by Delta are almost exactly the Jetblue rates, without the 1 1/2 pay over 70 hours that Jetblue has. We are working on that. Thank you for supporting the idea to get our guys back in the cockpit. Many on this board do not care about that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ohplease! said:
I, for one, hope we get as many new planes as possible. The bigger, the better for me. Someone is going to get them and it isn't going to be mainline. Might as well be me.

Are you sure we won't get them? Really? We'll see there chief. You may get some more CR7s, but I don't think anything bigger than that. Time will tell, but Dalpa just offered some CR7s, nothing bigger, and the judge noticed that Delta's 79 seat proposal "outsourced" Delta pilots. She figured it out, and she may be the one who decides this whole thing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

~~~^~~~ said:
Who knows how serious ALPA is about 70 seat scope. They said they would trade it for pension gurantees, .

For the record DALPA never said they would trade scope for the pensions. They said if Delta would ensure the pensions, they would negotiate a deal right now. The position of the MEC is currently that scope stays at 70 seats.

By the way, DALPA knows the pension is history, they just want to get Delta to admit it so we get credit for that savings before we negotiate any deal.

General:

The Judge has made it obvious she wants ALPA and Delta to work something out so she will not have to rule on this complex issue. From the bizzare comments she has made to suggestions that she is favoring one side or another, it is all created to generate uncertainty in both parties and force them to a negotiated resolution.

I do not expect ALPA to cross the arbitrary 70 seat line in the sand. So again, I think ALPA is going to force Delta into ordering an airplane that is not best for the Company as a whole. Delta is not going to start an RJ program at mainline for a small fleet of aircraft.

Of course, the other issue is whether or not SkyWest wants to fly a 70 seater when better airplanes are available that they might use in a post Delta World. SkyWest might still get the 90 seaters and put 70 seats in them. I think the operational costs are very close, within 5% (same wing and engines, slightly more weight, less range)

Michael, I hope the pensions, or some part of them, will remain in effect.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back