• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa - 22 Crj900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright kids, simma down now. OARfan has a point here. Some are in the regionals for a career and others like myself see it as a stepping stone to something bigger. We've beat this argument to death so nothing needs to be said anymore. Bigger planes may seem good now, but what does that mean to us who want to move on in the long run. It just means more time living paycheck to paycheck at our regional.

This is a double edged sword though. It really doesn't make sense for mailine to fly that thing. ASA is set up to fly it. With the maintenance, and the training dept. and the non-event transition from the 700 why would Delta spend all that money to get a CRJ 900 on property. And if ASA doesn't fly it, someone else will. No one really wins with this thing.

OARfan said:
Hmmmm, 10 years ago we were in EMB-120's, now 90 seaters. What next, 737's while still making Regional wages? We're a regional airline, we should stay that way. I hope the boys in the majors are able to fly'em. Or else "The Dream" will be surely gone. Or wait....has it happened already?

Well said. You seem to have the "Big Picture".

I think DAL has said they want only 4 types in their fleet by 2008. I don'y think a CRJ-900 has any room in there for being the 4th type.

ASA_Aviator said:
In the aviation world, movement is good. People in CRJ-700s will go to the 900, people in the 200 will go to the 700, and that means that I will go up in seniority on the 200. It is rediculous to think that the "majors" are going to survive in their current state, so the people trying to hold the status quo had better think twice. Changes are going to happen.

Regionals are now career choices, so if I'm making a career here, I want a large number of aircraft of any type at ASA.

eh not going to fire back

ArianaAfghanAir said:
I think DAL has said they want only 4 types in their fleet by 2008. I don'y think a CRJ-900 has any room in there for being the 4th type.
The 900 is the same type all the other CL65's.

But, I don't think ASA has any acquisition plans for 06 going forward. ALPA and Delta are mixing things up in bankruptcy court and ALPA is throwing around our flying as a bargaining chip. Who knows how serious ALPA is about 70 seat scope. They said they would trade it for pension gurantees, but Delta says they don't know what Congress is going to do about the 20 year period to play catch up.

None the less, when ALPA is done playing with the flying currently being performed by ASA pilots, then management will be in a position to work something out with airplane manufacturers. Until then, SkyWest would be foolish to enter into deals which could be effected by ALPA's negotiations in the Bankruptcy Court.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
The 900 is the same type all the other CL65's.

But, I don't think ASA has any acquisition plans for 06 going forward. ALPA and Delta are mixing things up in bankruptcy court and ALPA is throwing around our flying as a bargaining chip.

Your flying? Sorry Fins, but it's not your code or your flying. DALPA scope doesn't control your flying, it only controls DL code flying, which, as you know, you have never had any controling over.

FYI, you often state that what you want is the '96 scope language, of course the '96 scope language didn't allow for any CRJ900 or E series outsourcing. So I am certain that you won't conveniently change your desire for only '96 scope.

Does that 22 by any chance include the two -700's that SKW is gonna operate for DL?? 2 -700's showing up on the property March, 2006...

No Delay said:
Okay, okay....I know this is an old rumor and I know you can't trust the guys in the training department (when it comes to rumors) but...

I was doing a checkride today and there was an indoc class going on and everyone was talking about one of the VPs talking to the class (Tutt, I think) and annouced we had a firm order of 22 CRJ900 (79 seat configuration).

Just thought I would share it...

Well the 900 comes with 86 seats and the 705 comes with 75 seats. If you work here you should know to wait until you see it in print first. Another SJS player.

McNugent said:
Alright kids, simma down now. OARfan has a point here. Some are in the regionals for a career and others like myself see it as a stepping stone to something bigger. We've beat this argument to death so nothing needs to be said anymore. Bigger planes may seem good now, but what does that mean to us who want to move on in the long run. It just means more time living paycheck to paycheck at our regional.

This is a double edged sword though. It really doesn't make sense for mailine to fly that thing. ASA is set up to fly it. With the maintenance, and the training dept. and the non-event transition from the 700 why would Delta spend all that money to get a CRJ 900 on property. And if ASA doesn't fly it, someone else will. No one really wins with this thing.

You've been at ASA for about 2 months and your an expert in the airline industry.

Latest resources

Back