• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I checked with my sources this morning. The "official word" from the company and ALPA are no recalls this year.:crying:

(of course the word "planning" is a subjective word around here...)

I doubt they will need more guys this fall. Right now we need them but unless Mexicana tanks AND we got a fast Mexican/US government approval to pick up some of the routes I think we will be Ok on crews this fall and winter. Hope I am wrong but I think the CO. is just gonna slide through with the guys they have untill next spring then I could see some more getting the call back.

Alaska Airlines will add nonstop service between San Jose, Calif., and the Los Cabos in Mexico.

Mexicana Airlines said Monday it will suspend service to 15 destinations

The main unit of Mexicana on Monday said that it was cutting flights "to a minimum" amid falling sales and cash reserves following last week's bankruptcy filing.

Last edited:
According to manager of planning a few weeks ago, no bids this year which to me mean probably no recalls. They really do need more pilots for this month but I know they are counting on the fall pullback to cover the small training bubble coming.

The good news is 4 retired in Aug and one FO quit to go back to DAL (former NWA FURLOUGH who can no longer bypass). Hopefully this is starting a trend of retirements as the geezers hit 62 (eligible for their 1500/month ssi). There will definitely need to be a recall before next summer, it's just a matter of how large it will be. Although, I would be surprised if it would be large enough to bring everyone back.

Take the last three rumors, pick the one you like the least and there's a 50% chance it might come true. No, make that a 100% chance it might come true. I guarantee.

See you guys in class when I see you guys in class.

Latest resources

Back