• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PDX base will not happen. It's not cost effective for the relatively small group of pilots that would be based there.

PDX base will not happen. It's not cost effective for the relatively small group of pilots that would be based there.

Well....Just in February alone there were 426 PDX overnights. LAX had 69, SEA 355, and ANC 2. So that means they needed 852 hotel rooms in February alone, a slow month. Multiply that by 12, you get 10224 hotel rooms needed per year. Even at $50/night, that equals $511,000 in hotel costs. Not to mention the per diem costs of the overnights.

Now, granted, all the overnights won't go away, but that is some serious cash. I would hope they could come out at least cost neutral.

ALPA has participated in numerous studies that indicate the Co. could save $1M a month with a PDX base.

ALPA has participated in numerous studies that indicate the Co. could save $1M a month with a PDX base.

Wow! $1M a month? Think of all the bonuses the execs could get with that!

Sorry, misspoke. Perhaps it was $1M a year. Oops.

Well....Just in February alone there were 426 PDX overnights. LAX had 69, SEA 355, and ANC 2. So that means they needed 852 hotel rooms in February alone, a slow month. Multiply that by 12, you get 10224 hotel rooms needed per year. Even at $50/night, that equals $511,000 in hotel costs. Not to mention the per diem costs of the overnights.

Now, granted, all the overnights won't go away, but that is some serious cash. I would hope they could come out at least cost neutral.

I am almost positive they are not spending $50 a night in PDX...I would bet it is something closer to 20-25/night.

Latest resources

Back