• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard today that the first group of furlough's are receiving registered letters from the company stating an estimated length of furlough of 24 months, from the date of the letter, to be in compliance with Section 23 of the recent contract amendment.

I heard today that the first group of furlough's are receiving registered letters from the company stating an estimated length of furlough of 24 months, from the date of the letter, to be in compliance with Section 23 of the recent contract amendment.

If that's the case then that would be good news I guess. The letters that went out to the last group also stated 24 months was the expected length. Of course the question then becomes so what? There is no consequence to the company how accurate their "expected length" is.

24 more months. It's not good news. Although, like you said, there is no consequence to the company if they are wrong.

24 more months. It's not good news. Although, like you said, there is no consequence to the company if they are wrong.

I should probably explain a little better. The senior of the 105 were told 24 months back in October...I would think that the junior guy would not be expected to be recalled until a year after that...which means 36 months.

Better than my estimated recall date of July 31, 2013 at NetJets. Here's to hoping that all of us get back to work a lot sooner than predicted.

Forget the base within a base thing. It looks like all SEA pilots will be ETOPs guys.

So what does this all mean now? That's a lot of training to be accomplished. Each guy needs a two day ground school and each captain needs SLF to the islands.

Now only PDX will be non-ETOPS! I'm sure that will change, too.

What do you guys think about the implications for recalls, etc.?

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see how they think they're going to accomplish all this training. Even in the fall, it still ain't gonna be a picnic in regards to scheduling.

I was curious to see the bid results on Friday. I was hoping for a deer in the headlights moment like, "oops, we screwed up again and we needed to recall 30 pilots last month". Since they sent out this "no recall for 2 years" letter, they seem pretty confident that they don't need to recall anyone this year.

But, this is AS management we're talking about, and we all know what that means....

Last edited:
Now only PDX will be non-ETOPS! I'm sure that will change, too.

My guess is that LAX won't fly any more ETOPS trips once SEA is trained, especially now that LAX-CUN is going away.

The next question I have is, will this bid really happen? Why do they need all those crews up in ANC?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back