• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told recently by our CP that we will not be recalling for atleast 18 mo's ... Hopefully he is wrong.

There's the problem right there. You talked to the CP. I have yet to hear something from him that wasn't a political posturing tactic. Remember, he is there to spit the company line. Negativity is the company line right now. It's all about managing expectations, so in the end they will look like heros and the union will look like weaklings. I have no doubt that's how this ETOPS scenario will play out.

I was told recently by our CP that we will not be recalling for atleast 18 mo's ... Hopefully he is wrong. But after the senior guys over here get done eat their young... I think he is probably right. SEA ETOPS base no mater what the cost these guys have to make it to HI they are losing sleep because jr guys have better layovers then they do.

Nobody in Flight Operations has any idea what is going to happen 18 months from now. Flight Operations is told what the flight schedule is going to be months ahead of time. 18 months is an eternity in this industry and especially in this environment.

Exactly. They are just now firming up the schedule for the summer. Even then it can, and sometimes does, change up to about three months prior to the actual flights.

They are running some (5) different options. One option has no recalls. The others have farious amounts coming out. As of right now they don't have enough ETOPS pilots to cover April. So, if they are going to need April coved it is going to have to be soon. The recalled pilots can have the choice of domicile of ANC or ANC. Can't say my source but that is the deal as of now. PM if you want more.

From the front page of the pilot web page.......

Kick off the New Year with a Premium Trip LAX and SEA Maui layover with premium pay ... both seats. Throw me in that briar patch! Please check open time on January 1 and 2. Month-to-month transition has been a challenge ... thanks/tom

You guys getting tired of workin' yourselves to death flying open time yet? I'd like my job back please......

From the front page of the pilot web page.......

Kick off the New Year with a Premium Trip LAX and SEA Maui layover with premium pay ... both seats. Throw me in that briar patch! Please check open time on January 1 and 2. Month-to-month transition has been a challenge ... thanks/tom

You guys getting tired of workin' yourselves to death flying open time yet? I'd like my job back please......

That was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen written on the Pilot Page. I can't believe senior leadership is THAT out of touch. TK is not a bad guy, but COME ON DUDE!!!

Mookie

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back