Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you sure things aren't bad at NJ too?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tgaug6300

This question is for the NetJets pilots, but I was wondering if things were really all that financially stable with the company? Or, are they feeling the economic crunch like everyone else?

Reading all of your posts everyone seems to say that they feel very confident that no layoffs are coming (which is great, I don't want to see anyone loose thier job).

But, when I read in the newspaper "NetJets, has deferred a significant number of orders, Cessna said last week" (article can also be read at www.Kansas.com ). You can't help but think that they must be going through hard times like everyone else.

Oh, and can we please not turn this into a B19 for or against thread.

Thanks guys!

Deferals don't mean furloughs, but rather delays in future hiring. Overall, traffic is down, but I try to be optimistic. When Marquis took off, our fleet took a beating and many jets looked like hell. Now we are taking advantage of the slow down and getting jets refurbished and/or replaced. The replacement schedule has not changed-yet. It all depends upon how long this economic downturn lasts. Costs savings are being realized though, so as the boss says, we will weather the storm.

Things have slowed, just like everywhere else. There are a number of reasons why I don't think a furlough is coming anytime soon, but there is no way to predict the future.

We've got some great guys at the top running this place and I have confidence that if anyone can steer us through this, it's them.

I can't do much about the economy, so I give our owners the best experience I can and hope that when and if they tighten their belts, they choose to sell a house instead of a share.

This is the first company I have worked for (aviation and non aviation) where I have faith in our upper management. Mr. S. knows what he is doing. And yes, things are slower at NJ than this time last year...

Wait the economy is bad now?? Eh buy all the planes it can, what could it hurt!!!

Not a real big headliner that NJA has deferred orders. I'd be more worried if Santulli decided to keep orders going without having the customers to fill them. Just smart business. Actually doesn't take an MBA to figure that when times are tough you slow down the growth.

Check still clears, per diem checks still arrive within a day or two. Still get paid for after-midnights and holidays, and the crew food still shows up. Sit a bit more in the hotels, but I've been doing alot of 3-4 day trips so not much utilization for me.

Carry on- nothing to see here....

Tgaug..I take it your flying more than before?

Reading all of your posts everyone seems to say that they feel very confident that no layoffs are coming (which is great, I don't want to see anyone loose thier job).

!

Most of us have confidence in our management team, we think they're very capable, and understand the fractional market better than any other management, because they've been at it for the longest. That's it, we have confidence in them.

But when you ask "are you sure things aren't bad at NJA", you're making it sound like we (NJA pilots) are claiming our company is indestructible, that nothing will happen to us.

Will we furlough?? I don't know, like most of my co-workers, I have confidence and I trust Mr. Santulli, but I'm also nervous and worried.

Some of the things I know are that NJA is going full steam ahead with it's $225 Million training complex.

Our boss has emphasized stability, strength and loyalty. He expects it from us and we have seen it from him.

He is also very well aware that furloughs cause massive morale problem, are short term financial gains for long term training, scheduling, and financial loses, while expectations for industry recovery are not set in stone and could be shorter than expected.

Everyone is slowing down. That's no surprise. How companies handle it is what will make the difference when things start growing again. Who will be best poised to take advantage when that happens?

Time will tell. Best of luck to us all.

I think the furlough question will be answered when the summer months come and demand is at its lowest for all the fracs.
I hope we all can ride this out. I wish Flex would blow more sunshine as well!

I think the furlough question will be answered when the summer months come and demand is at its lowest for all the fracs.
I hope we all can ride this out. I wish Flex would blow more sunshine as well!

Precisely what I've been saying. I don't think we'll see furloughs at NJA yet. But if things don't pick up soon, I predict furloughs by the end of summer.

Maintaining the appearance of strength and stability can only be accomplished for so long before RTS will have to face economic reality and larger trimming of costs will be necessary.

However, things appear to be getting busier now. I hope it's a trend for how things go in the near future. The thought of furloughs has me worried too.

Have we lost some owners? Yes. Have other owners kept their shares but stopped or slowed their flying? Yes. But have other companies closed their flight departments with no intention of flying United, Delta or Continental? Absolutely. I was the backup for a demo flight last week for a large corporation that is closing the doors of their flight department (very sad) but CANNOT conduct their business using airline service. They have no alternative BUT fractional ownership. As the boss says, this is a "challenging" economic environment but this too shall pass.

I learned long ago to never say never. Hiring? No. Fleet growth? No. Furloughs? Possible but not probable.

Latest resources

Back