Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are You An Asa Pilot Or A Ramp Instructor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pennecramps are you really that paranoid? stupid question, you probably should be. this was a suggestion i understand of many pilots who complained the gate managers and ops folks didnt understand what was happening from the otherside. so they agree to it and now you gripe? you think a they are gonna be able to read the release and fuel indications, or clearly understand the cg calc or the planned mach?

the fact you actually think they are going to report you is insane. do you have aluminum foil over your windows at home? you scare me. amazing in 10 years at asa i have never been called in to the cp office for calling in sick or had an ip gig me for procedures. this airline treats us better than most. they are welcome on my j/s.

you will let a 19 year old riddle intern on your j/s but not a gate manager? the arrogance of some on this board is truley shameful.

Feel better? You should know by now that I really don't give a d@mn about your opinion, you management shill tool! Thanks for the rant.

• Be prepared for a case of air sickness, have a bag handy.
  • Cover normal cockpit warnings, flashing lights, aural alerts, TCAS, GPWS, radar, etc. Things you are used to may be quite un-nerving for the visitor. Chances are this person has never flown in a cockpit before.
COVER UP! You got to be sheting me! Has the FAA approved covering up these things? Hey BL, CT, and Sh, these things flash and buzz for important reasons! I will not cover up anything in the cockpit.

Cover ≠ Cover Up.

cov·er (kŭv'ər)
v.tr.

To deal with; treat of: The checklist covers the preflight check.

Settle down, Beavis. It's a stupid idea, but covering up warning lights isn't part of it.

What's so bad about having someone in the jumpseat on a low mins approach? I'm not looking at their face to know when I break out of the soup, I'm looking at the instruments and straight ahead. I block all other distractions out when I'm on approach. It's so funny to read what some of you chest thumpers write on here. Get over it...

What's so bad about having someone in the jumpseat on a low mins approach? I'm not looking at their face to know when I break out of the soup, I'm looking at the instruments and straight ahead. I block all other distractions out when I'm on approach. It's so funny to read what some of you chest thumpers write on here. Get over it...

Yeah, until he says, so how much loger 'til we see a runway, or similar stupid remarks. Or even worst, on a bumpy appr to minimums he starts to barf! Guess the company expects us to clean the cockpit after that occurs too huh.

ASA Management: Pissing Off Pilots Every Day

While the plan has it's drawbacks, there are some silver linings also to be found.

While I have never been airline managment, I have had my neck on the line when it came to accountablity of people and their actions. I started at the bottom and worked my up. I recall wondering what the heck the upper echelon people where thinking when the made these stupid decisions.

As I progressed on and became more privvy to the workings of things at different levels, I became more aware of why people had to make these stupid decisions. Whether it was money relate or equiptment or people, there were generally rational reasons why people did what they did. It made easier to go back to my guys say, "Hey, the eggheads are at it again. But here's why it's happening like this...." (One of the reason the airline business is what it is, is total lack of communication between echelons) My folks were always productive because I kept them in the loop and explained why things happened as they did. That doesn't mean they liked it any better but at least they understood why it had to happen.

All that being said, this can an oppurtunity for the rest of this operation to learn about the BS we deal with and how frustrating it can be at times. Once someone sees the inner workings of the other guy's job and how he/ she makes decisions, suddenly it makes much more sense when they get what used to be unreasonable requests from the pilots.

The caveat is that these managers have to go back to their people and explain what is happeneing and why they get these unreasonable requests from time to time. If they do not do this, this effort will be for nothing.

Latest resources

Back