Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone have a moment to talk about Reserve at delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any thoughts on having an airport car in NYC? I'll be on the shuttle so will be able to park at the marine terminal...but what about parking in Kew Gardens or at the pads around LGA...is this realistic or should I just plan on public transportation? I don't think I can afford $8 each way 4-5x's a week for the car service while on first year pay....? Idea's???

The cars services have to be the cheaper option rather than having and extra car + insurance + parking + gas. Just my guess.

slinky

Latest Ae

Where is the latest AE posted?

ATL765CAPT 31 SHIFT IN FLYING

ATLM88CAPT 12 ADJUSTMENT

ATL765F/O 45 SHIFT IN FLYING

ATL767F/O 10 ADJUSTMENT

ATLM88F/O 125 NEW HIRES

CVG73NCAPT 30 ADDITIONAL A/C

CVG73NF/O 30 ADDITIONAL A/C

LAX7ERCAPT 44 ADDITIONAL A/C

LAX73NCAPT 40 ADDITIONAL A/C

LAX7ERF/O 44 ADDITIONAL A/C

LAX73NF/O 40 ADDITIONAL A/C

NYC777CAPT 32 ADDITIONAL A/C

NYCM88CAPT 4 ADJUSTMENT

NYC777F/O 32 ADDITIONAL A/C

NYC7ERF/O 41 ADDITIONAL A/C

NYCM88F/O 120 NEW HIRES

SLCM88CAPT 4 ADJUSTMENT

TOTAL VACANCIES: CAPT: 197 F/O: 487 TOTAL SYSTEM: 684

THE FOLLOWING
SURPLUSES ARE POSTED.

LAX765CAPT 31 LAX765F/O 32
TOTAL SURPLUSES: CAPT: 31 F/O: 32 TOTAL SYSTEM: 63

Does this mean that new hires will go only to ATL88 and NY88?

And only 245 total new hires between now and Jun2008?

Hey General, thanks for pointing out that it's better to be a line holder than a reserve. And better to be a senior line holder....

You're a visionary, none of us could have figured that out on our own...

Does this mean that new hires will go only to ATL88 and NY88?

And only 245 total new hires between now and Jun2008?

These are just current vacancies, as they get fill by pilots in different categories they create additional vacancies down the line. For example, a ATL 767er captain bids to the ATL 777, he has now created an unpublished vacancy for the ATL 767er captain, that position is then filled by a MD88 captain and his position is filled by a 767 first officer and so on and so.

Additionally, I very much doubt that the NYC 767er first officer positions will get filled by this AE, particularly when many NYC 767er first officers will bid on to the 777, thereby opening up even more vacancies on the ER.

I'd expect pilots in their first year to continue to get an opportunity to bid on the 767 and 767er as DAL continues to ramp up its international flying.

Hey General, thanks for pointing out that it's better to be a line holder than a reserve. And better to be a senior line holder....

You're a visionary, none of us could have figured that out on our own...

You are welcome. And, It is better to fly your DA-20 than your AA5A. Wow, you just ooze experience. Sounds like you may need a tudor. If you need my help, get your checkbook out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I haven't been based in NYC for 10 years or so. The numbers and names may have changed but I doubt the basic infrastructure noted below is much different.

If you're in Kew Gardens (unlike the general, I've actually done the time in NYC... ;) ) you can take the Q10 down to JFK. The Q33 runs up to LGA but you need a transfer.

EWR? You're on your own. Maybe go to Jamaica Station and get the Carey bus to Penn Station and connect out to EWR. The Princeton Airporter goes from JFK to EWR but not at O-dark-30.

After a couple of hot, sweaty rides on the Q10 with some of my "neighbors", I started using a car service (Kew Gardens/Kew Cab or Sureway) to both JFK and LGA.

Good luck. TC

Wow, I guess I wasn't a Shuttle FE for 6 months? I guess that was all a dream? Yeah, I stayed in a loft in a Brownstone near Central Park, but I guess that was all a dream? WRONG......... Thanks Pam Ewing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Maybe you need a spellcheck...

Tu·dor
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈtu
thinsp.png
dər, ˈtyu-/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[too-der, tyoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.Antony, 1909–87, English choreographer and dancer. 2.David (Eugene), 1926–1996, U.S. pianist and composer. 3.Mary. Mary I. 4.a member of the royal family that ruled in England from 1485 to 1603. –adjective 5.pertaining or belonging to the English royal house of Tudor. 6.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the periods of the reigns of the Tudor sovereigns: Tudor architecture.

Okay, so some more advice? Let's say you are going to be a commuter from Atlanta who has a new hire choice of MD-88 or 767ER in NYC. Am I correct in thinking 767ER might be a better choice because (a) only 1 airport to worry about and (b) maybe more predictable as international flights mostly go out in the afternoon thru evening? Thoughts, please, thanks.

Maybe you need a spellcheck...

Tu·dor
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈtu
thinsp.png
dər, ˈtyu-/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[too-der, tyoo-]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.Antony, 1909–87, English choreographer and dancer. 2.David (Eugene), 1926–1996, U.S. pianist and composer. 3.Mary. Mary I. 4.a member of the royal family that ruled in England from 1485 to 1603. –adjective 5.pertaining or belonging to the English royal house of Tudor. 6.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the periods of the reigns of the Tudor sovereigns: Tudor architecture.

Did you find your dicktionary in your cool Grumman AA-5? Wow, you ooooze experience.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back