Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone have a moment to talk about Reserve at delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the buses/trains are 2 bucks, free transfer. you can suck it up and ride the Q10 bus between Kew Gardens and JFK and it's only about a 20-25 minute ride.

You can take the E or F train from Kew Gardens to Roosevelt, then transfer to the Q33 (to main terminal) or Q47 (to Marine terminal). I do this all the time... it saves money, but takes over an hour.

Okay, so some more advice? Let's say you are going to be a commuter from Atlanta who has a new hire choice of MD-88 or 767ER in NYC. Am I correct in thinking 767ER might be a better choice because (a) only 1 airport to worry about and (b) maybe more predictable as international flights mostly go out in the afternoon thru evening? Thoughts, please, thanks.

Depends on what you want to do after NY. Do you eventually want to fly the 767 or MD88 in ATL after NYC? We have bids out every few months, and you can transfer base to base. Even if you get NYC ER (INTL 767) you can bid domestic ATL 767 and slide on over. Being on the 767 in ATL early on will mean you will be on reserve, but if you live in ATL that is no big deal. If you get on the MD88 in ATL, you could have a line sooner.

Being in NYC on the ER will mean 8 24 hour short call reserves a month, which can mean 16 days potentially sitting in a crashpad. The MD88 in NYC covers 3 airports, but you might be a line holder there in 2 months, which means you can manipulate your schedule with open time etc as a line holder. The pay is the same for the first year, but second year is different. You just have to think about which plane you want to be on when you get to ATL, and in the meantime tough it out in NYC if you get based there first. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just got the email for an interview. Anyone have anything to add in regards to getting ready? Super excited!

recommend using your search function. there are dozens of threads to peruse regarding just that topic on this and other forums.

Plus how do people get around covering the 3 airports in NYC? Cabs? Are the buses between the airport a practical option (fast enough)?

My 2 cents. I was based in NY most of my TWA career. Had an airport car. Ya it's an expense but boy does it make things easier. For years I had a pad in Valley Stream that was great, but you needed a car. Then for a little while I had a pad in Long Beach. Short walk from the ocean, restaurants, bars. 15 minute drive to JFK and 25 to LGA (of course, good traffic).

Never had to drive to EWR; at TWA we would report to JFK and they would limo you to EWR. Then your trip would end at JFK. Or the other way around.

New York is super junior. I'm on the 88 in ATL and am the plug. I checked my relative seniority in NYC and I'm half way up the list. Hired in July.

Latest resources

Back