Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone have a moment to talk about Reserve at delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you switch around your Off Days? Could I bunch 5 or 6 together, then have several days off, or do you just get what you get? And do you bid for a "reserve line" which shows ON and OFF days, or do you just get a reserve line, and they randomly decide what off days are yours?

thanks.

Yeah that ^

Plus how do people get around covering the 3 airports in NYC? Cabs? Are the buses between the airport a practical option (fast enough)?

ASA,

You get what you get based on seniority. Then you can move things around based on availability. If there is enough pilots on each day you want to trade/drop you can if not nope. So if you want to move monday for wednesday no problem. Good luck trading to get weekends off not going to happen. It is all hit and miss based on staffing for that month.

Can someone who's working at Delta talk about the average pay for the first year while on reserve ther? I know what the guarantee pay is, but what was take home pay like?

The latest AE has a ton (almost 200) vacancies on the 88 in ATL with "new hires" printed next to them. Much more than NYC. I assume if no one bids them by the close of the entitlement they will go to new-hires but I'm not well-versed in this stuff, yet.

Your SSN will decide your fate.

BTW, they are very efficient at utilizing reserves. Last month I flew 68 hrs of credit (the guarantee is 70.) NYC 737. I live in domicile so no complaints here (not that I'd complain if I commuted, this place has far exceeded my expectations and I am very happy here.)

Apparently there's lots of moolah to be made in the summer with greenslips (above guarantee for reserves, above and x1.5 if above ALV for lineholders.) But during "off-peak" plan on guarantee on reserve.

Yeah that ^

Plus how do people get around covering the 3 airports in NYC? Cabs? Are the buses between the airport a practical option (fast enough)?

Disclaimer: I haven't been based in NYC for 10 years or so. The numbers and names may have changed but I doubt the basic infrastructure noted below is much different.

If you're in Kew Gardens (unlike the General, I've actually done the time in NYC... ;) ) you can take the Q10 down to JFK. The Q33 runs up to LGA but you need a transfer.

EWR? You're on your own. Maybe go to Jamaica Station and get the Carey bus to Penn Station and connect out to EWR. The Princeton Airporter goes from JFK to EWR but not at O-dark-30.

After a couple of hot, sweaty rides on the Q10 with some of my "neighbors", I started using a car service (Kew Gardens/Kew Cab or Sureway) to both JFK and LGA.

Good luck. TC

The latest AE has a ton (almost 200) vacancies on the 88 in ATL with "new hires" printed next to them. Much more than NYC. I assume if no one bids them by the close of the entitlement they will go to new-hires but I'm not well-versed in this stuff, yet.

Your SSN will decide your fate.

BTW, they are very efficient at utilizing reserves. Last month I flew 68 hrs of credit (the guarantee is 70.) NYC 737. I live in domicile so no complaints here (not that I'd complain if I commuted, this place has far exceeded my expectations and I am very happy here.)

Apparently there's lots of moolah to be made in the summer with greenslips (above guarantee for reserves, above and x1.5 if above ALV for lineholders.) But during "off-peak" plan on guarantee on reserve.

Where is the latest AE posted?

Where is the latest AE posted?

My bad. I was looking at the August AE on Deltanet. The new one should be out wiithin the next few days.

I talked to crew resources last week and the word is the 5th. It could be later if marketing throws something on them at the last minute, but that is what they are planning.

Any thoughts on having an airport car in NYC? I'll be on the shuttle so will be able to park at the marine terminal...but what about parking in Kew Gardens or at the pads around LGA...is this realistic or should I just plan on public transportation? I don't think I can afford $8 each way 4-5x's a week for the car service while on first year pay....? Idea's???

Latest resources

Back