Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Scoop on what Delta's "New Business Plan" June 12th (Thurs) Announcement Will Be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best part of the CNBC interview was that the infamous Don Carty (of the infamous Carty Bros. airline wreckers fame) was helping to interview Richard Anderson. Sounded like old-home week. Very cozy. Of course, it was CNBC, of course . . . not known as a bastion of anything more that friendly cheap pap interviews of corporate CEOs.

If anyone is naive enough to believe anything Anderson or Carty says, you get what you deserve.

Last edited:
It's a brand new idea. It's a new and improved airline within an airline. It will be called Sang. They'll paint the jets a gawd awful color and then undo the whole thing a couple of years later. The key to it will be making sure that retards like Gerbil Lee tell everyone it's going to rule.

I second that! AWESOME business plan!

-Eat It-General!!

Caught only the last 5 mins of Anderson on CNBC this am...anyone see the whole thing? Didn't seem like anything earth shattering....prices will go up...no more $100 fares to leisure places like MCO...Summer bookings look good, but they have no idea what's in store for Fall... Anchor asked if they would eventually need to cut capacity to meet demand, and he said "Bingo!" that of course they'd have to cut capacity if the demand is not there.
Was there ANYTHING worthwhile in the previous part of that interview, because this was quite anticlimactic for a "New Business Plan" if that was it... Don't see any press releases either.

Must you yell every time you write?

Omg! Here It Is, The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For.....

Press ReleaseSource: Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Delta Air Lines Begins Nonstop Service From New York-JFK to Antigua and Barbuda

Thursday June 12, 10:28 am ET

NEW YORK, June 12, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News) today launches nonstop service today from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to Antigua and Barbuda as part of its continued expansion in the Caribbean.

This flight complements Delta's existing nonstop service to Antigua and Barbuda from Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
A prime spot for snorkeling and scuba diving among spectacular coral reef, Antigua (pronounced An-tee'ga) and Barbuda are two islands that comprise one country located in the middle of the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean. Barbuda also offers bird watching enthusiasts a significant bird sanctuary in the region.

``Delta continues to open new Caribbean routes out of JFK to bring New Yorkers closer to beautiful beaches, sun, and relaxation,'' said Christophe Didier, Delta's vice president of Sales and Government Affairs in Latin America and the Caribbean for Delta Air Lines. ``We have started more than 10 new routes in the Caribbean basin in the last couple of years, many of them departing from JFK as part of our continued international expansion.''

Delta's new flight will operate Thursdays and Sundays, beginning June 12. Flights are available for sale at delta.com and other ticketing channels and are scheduled as follows:

527 New York-JFK at Antigua and Thursday, Sunday 8:40 a.m. Barbuda at 1:20 p.m. ------- --------------------- ---------------- -----------------
528 Antigua and New York-JFK at Thursday, Sunday Barbuda at 2:20 p.m. 6:47 p.m.

This ia ALL I see today in the press, so far. 2 Weekly flights from JFK to Antigua and Barbuda.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Caught only the last 5 mins of Anderson on CNBC this am...anyone see the whole thing? Didn't seem like anything earth shattering....prices will go up...no more $100 fares to leisure places like MCO...Summer bookings look good, but they have no idea what's in store for Fall... Anchor asked if they would eventually need to cut capacity to meet demand, and he said "Bingo!" that of course they'd have to cut capacity if the demand is not there.
Was there ANYTHING worthwhile in the previous part of that interview, because this was quite anticlimactic for a "New Business Plan" if that was it... Don't see any press releases either.

You think? I think instead they should add 100's of flights in September alone, the month that is historically our slowest month.....yeah, that's the ticket....and we should lease A380s for that month too, to Valdosta.......

You are a moron.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It there is anything it will be late in the day of after business tomorrow.
Not sure if DAL can announce anything when it comes to NWA. Looks North for that.

Must you yell every time you write?

This is a web-board, 737tard.... We don't have the capability to "yell" here. This effect you are referencing as "yelling" is actually known by most literate people as bold lettering.

I had a suspicion you were a complete moron, but I had no idea we had barely begun to scratch the surface.

You really are a special type of retard, general.....

-But not in a good way!

General,

With all due respect you keep forgetting to include the fact that DAL has had extraordinary pilot attrition. At NWA we have not. This is the big difference. I appreciate the fact that you want your pilots to finish ahead of ours. It is natural to "feel" that way. But you know what the facts are. I think whatever fallout occurs must be done in a fair and equitable manner.

NWA pilots have career expectations just like you. You were thrust about 5 years ahead of what you thought you were going to be at this point. Do you really think it is fair for an NWA guy to get furloughed when you have a pilot at DL that was just hired back in 2007? Heck, what about any of your pilots that haven't had to endure a 5 year furlough.

I am trying not to get emotional about this whole seniority issue. But when we start talking about furloughs, I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment that it isn't fair for a DL pilot to be furloughed before an NWA pilot, particularly if the NWA guy has endured a 5 year furlough.

It's just my honest opinion. I know you feel differently and that's okay. It will all get hammered out and I am sure both MECs will be able to look at it objectively without emotion at some point.

ONE AIRLINE, ONE CONTRACT

NO HARMONIZATION, PERIOD

You´re right. if jets get parked it should be UAL, CAL, and SWA, UPS, FX, etc pilots that get furloughed before DAL or NWA pilots.

You´re right. if jets get parked it should be UAL, CAL, and SWA, UPS, FX, etc pilots that get furloughed before DAL or NWA pilots.

Thats not what he was saying so Congratulations!! Dumb post award goes to you!! :cool:

Last edited:
"NWA pilots have career expectations just like you. You were thrust about 5 years ahead of what you thought you were going to be at this point. Do you really think it is fair for an NWA guy to get furloughed when you have a pilot at DL that was just hired back in 2007? Heck, what about any of your pilots that haven't had to endure a 5 year furlough."

This is where you are mislead. Yes we had a lot of early retirements, however it only helped the top part of the list. I know you are saying this guy is crazy but while the top of the list was moving up, so we now have 53 year old 777 Captains, the bottom was coming up to meet us. If we hadn't parked the L1011, MD-11, B767-200, B727, B737-300/G/200 then I would have to agree with you but we did so while the upper part of the list is sitting pretty it is just now starting to help out the lower part of the list due to international expansion which required more pilots.

I see that you were furloughed so was I and many other pilots here at Delta. Unfortunately for you, unless the lower part of the list ends up going date of hire then you very well may have someone post furlough ahead of you on the combined list. This is just a matter of us outpacing you at NWA during this hiring cycle. We have about 650 new hires here at Delta, maybe more if we start hiring again in the fall as rumored. Last time I looked you guys have about 5,300 pilots on your seniority list so our 650 new hires are roughly 12% of your list. You expect all of them to be tacked on the bottom just because you were furloughed and they weren't. I don't see an arbitrator seeing it that way. You sure would have some furlough buffer for yourself then.

Latest resources

Back