• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news at F9?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an outsider, but if you got higher ticket prices and full airplanes, how are you guys losing 20 mill a year?

It's been widely proclaimed that SWA's new markets as a whole are money losers, and that the old entrenched routes are what is keeping the ship afloat. Most of our operation is DEN, but for SWA DEN is only a small percentage. When we fight hard in DEN we lose 20 million/year. When SWA fights hard in DEN they could lose 30 million/year in that market but show a profit for the airline. You can't tell who's kicking who's butt in a specific city by looking at annual reports. We all get to rely on Kool-aid.

The fact that F9 is hovering around breakeven in the face of such threats is remarkable, really. It is very unlikely that DEN is a profitable city for SWA right now. Possible, but unlikely. You decide who's "winning."

I too am optimistic that our new CEO can possibly trim down all of the "assistants of the assistants" and some of the other fat at the GO

Granted, this is my first big airline, but I was amazed at how many bodies there are in that building & vicinity. "What would you say ya do here?" [/The Bobs]

SWA is a sinking ship. I predict that F9 will aquire SWA and sell off all of their gates system wide (keep the Denver gates of course), sell the jets after they run out of different animals to put on them, and keep the crown jewel...the boarding system.

Been drinking a lot today? Really...put some thought into your flames before posting. The key is to get someone to actually consider it believable.

It's been widely proclaimed that SWA's new markets as a whole are money losers, and that the old entrenched routes are what is keeping the ship afloat. Most of our operation is DEN, but for SWA DEN is only a small percentage. When we fight hard in DEN we lose 20 million/year. When SWA fights hard in DEN they could lose 30 million/year in that market but show a profit for the airline. You can't tell who's kicking who's butt in a specific city by looking at annual reports. We all get to rely on Kool-aid.

The fact that F9 is hovering around breakeven in the face of such threats is remarkable, really. It is very unlikely that DEN is a profitable city for SWA right now. Possible, but unlikely. You decide who's "winning."

Our management is not known to lie to us, and they have stated that DEN has been a very, very good city for us. Beginning Nov. 4, we will have 16 non-stop destinations out of DEN.

well...let me see operating out of denver is a bitch...very expensive, Competing with United is a bitch, Southwest is a bitch...., and of course Fuel is a bitch." .

According to last financial statement the main expenses were:
Lynx (start up cost) = 2.2 mil
Leather seats (retro) = 1.4 mil

F9 posted a NET LOSS of 3.5 mil for fiscal year ended June 30- 07.

Our management is not known to lie to us, and they have stated that DEN has been a very, very good city for us. Beginning Nov. 4, we will have 16 non-stop destinations out of DEN.

Well congratulations on finding solid revenues in markets where F9 and Uni/Ted have been slogging it out for years to no avail.

Last edited:
pretty scrappy threads for an airline with $5 stock and not a lot of money in the bank.

I like it.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back