Any news at F9?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

So what's been going on at Frontier these days? Seems awfully quite over there.

Hiring, deliveries, contract negotiations, general mood, regional flying, etc, etc?

How is the life if you live in Denver?

Thanks all!

Sorry you haven't received a response yet - maybe because there's really nothing new to report, although several things in the works. Most of the F9 guys don't hang out on this board, largely because of the dysfunctional nature of most the "know-it-all" posters.

That said:
- New CEO - we have yet to see much in order to see if he's going to make much of a difference, although our stock continues to climb
- A320's coming in February, on schedule
- Lynx is sucking the company dry, largely because of the fact that the FAA is on a little bit of a vendetta, and is delaying the certification process. Not much Lynx can do other than what they've already done (including contacting the Administrator herself)
- F9 continues to hire roughly ten per month, largely because of apparent expansion and new aircraft
- Life is good in Denver - rumor has it that we're going to open another "focus city" which could turn into a full-blown domicile

That's about all I can think of! Still a good company to work for, just chuggin' along, doin' our thing without trying to spend too much energy disspelling Southwest's claim that they're "kickin' ass and takin' names" in Denver. The facts speak more loudly than the SWA Koolaid.

Contract negotiations are in the past, TA ratified last winter. Pay rates about the same (still better than United, et al) work rules improved. General mood is positive, cooperative, and efficient. 10 A320s coming, making 70 total aircraft, and that's the end of present orders. No upgrade for present newhires without more growth. Young pilot group, very, very few retirements in the next 15 years. I'm happy to be here, thrilled to stay in DEN.

I believe it's part of F9 culture to be quiet and conservative, that's why you probably haven't heard anything lately.

New CEO (former AirCanada); Lynx is sucking about 8 mil a quarter out of mainline (until it opens); great pilot group (mostly local dudes); taking delivery of 10 A320 starting in JAN that will require a 4th F/A; 3 new gates at C concourse in DEN; and only a few more upgrades - so if you just got hired (2005 - on), be ready to be the "gear lever operator" for decades to come... they canceled the aircraft options with Airbus so all expansion is going to be based on current fleet; Costa Rica starting NOV and possibly Belize and other destinations in Central America and Canada.

Commuting to the east coast out of Denver really sucks, so if you're thinking about F9, do yourself a favor and MOVE TO DEN!
Good luck...:beer:

Last edited:
Sorry you haven't received a response yet - maybe because there's really nothing new to report, although several things in the works. Most of the F9 guys don't hang out on this board, largely because of the dysfunctional nature of most the "know-it-all" posters.

That said:
- New CEO - we have yet to see much in order to see if he's going to make much of a difference, although our stock continues to climb
- A320's coming in February, on schedule
- Lynx is sucking the company dry, largely because of the fact that the FAA is on a little bit of a vendetta, and is delaying the certification process. Not much Lynx can do other than what they've already done (including contacting the Administrator herself)
- F9 continues to hire roughly ten per month, largely because of apparent expansion and new aircraft
- Life is good in Denver - rumor has it that we're going to open another "focus city" which could turn into a full-blown domicile

That's about all I can think of! Still a good company to work for, just chuggin' along, doin' our thing without trying to spend too much energy disspelling Southwest's claim that they're "kickin' ass and takin' names" in Denver. The facts speak more loudly than the SWA Koolaid.

One way to succed in life is to follow the advice we give to others.

only a few more upgrades - so if you just got hired (2005 - on), be ready to be the "gear lever operator" for decades to come... they canceled the aircraft options with Airbus so all expansion is going to be based on current fleet..:beer:

Upgrades are like a cork in the bottle here. Right now the cork is out and we are awarding upgrades at the 4th year level. I believe this will continue because of a/c utilization even if we don't have options today.
(but those close to me know I take my koolaid intravenously)
Newhires 4 years ago all thought they'd never see upgrade and...here they are. It's surprising how fast time passes when you're having fun.
I agree about long commutes. It's a choice, but not one I'd want to make.

I've been commuting quite happily out of Orlando for about 2 years now...so far, commutable trips, and only 2-3 nites a month in denver...cheaper to hotel it than crashpad it.

I believe it's part of F9 culture to be quiet and conservative, that's why you probably haven't heard anything lately.

New CEO (former AirCanada); Lynx is sucking about 8 mil a quarter out of mainline (until it opens); great pilot group (mostly local dudes); taking delivery of 10 A320 starting in JAN that will require a 4th F/A; 3 new gates at C concourse in DEN; and only a few more upgrades - so if you just got hired (2005 - on), be ready to be the "gear lever operator" for decades to come... they canceled the aircraft options with Airbus so all expansion is going to be based on current fleet; Costa Rica starting NOV and possibly Belize and other destinations in Central America and Canada.

Commuting to the east coast out of Denver really sucks, so if you're thinking about F9, do yourself a favor and MOVE TO DEN!
Good luck...:beer:

Don't forget there are 10 more aircraft yet to be delivered according to the current fleet plan. That makes 70, not 60. Two of which (320s) will be on property next year.

Beyond that is the increased utilization with resources they know are currently fixed.

Latest resources

Back