• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news at F9?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How, if any, has Republic helped yall out in Denver with the Lynx fiasco?

Well, RP started ICT yesterday, a city slated for Lynx service and staffed by Lynx personnel. But that's just a reallocation of existing resources. F9 needed more left temporarily, RP could only give what they promised to give already, and now ExpressJet has been tapped as a gap-filler towards the end of the year.

Care to enlighten us on those facts? Most of what I have seen supports SWA's claim of being very happy with DEN's numbers.

So, what have you seen? On routes we "share" with SWA, I've seen higher ticket prices on F9, with full flights. Usually, that tends to equate to more revenue, not a butt-kicking, as some of my friends at SWA lovingly refer to.

I truly believe this could turn into a "Koolaid Contest" and that won't net a thing. Our management is giving us a multitude of "data" that supports F9 doing very well against the Purple Cattle Cars, and suggest that SWA not doing as well as they claim. I'm sure you guys at SWA are probably getting the same Koolaid - that's all I meant. I'm not at the GO, double-checking their numbers, so whether the numbers are right or not, I don't know. If SWA survives in DEN, I guess they're making money - if not, I guess it's all been hot air. The facts will speak for themselves, in spite of how much Koolaid the respective company's employees drink.

And yes, the Lynx thing is all f-ed up...for now...

Sorry you haven't received a response yet - maybe because there's really nothing new to report, although several things in the works. Most of the F9 guys don't hang out on this board, largely because of the dysfunctional nature of most the "know-it-all" posters.

That said:
- New CEO - we have yet to see much in order to see if he's going to make much of a difference, although our stock continues to climb
- A320's coming in February, on schedule
- Lynx is sucking the company dry, largely because of the fact that the FAA is on a little bit of a vendetta, and is delaying the certification process. Not much Lynx can do other than what they've already done (including contacting the Administrator herself)
- F9 continues to hire roughly ten per month, largely because of apparent expansion and new aircraft
- Life is good in Denver - rumor has it that we're going to open another "focus city" which could turn into a full-blown domicile

That's about all I can think of! Still a good company to work for, just chuggin' along, doin' our thing without trying to spend too much energy disspelling Southwest's claim that they're "kickin' ass and takin' names" in Denver. The facts speak more loudly than the SWA Koolaid.

Jetalc,

Any word on what that focus city might be?

My guess and the guess of many others is Memphis. But the rumors range from kansas city to st. louis to somewhere in florida.

Quoted from jetalc

"So, what have you seen? On routes we "share" with SWA, I've seen higher ticket prices on F9, with full flights. Usually, that tends to equate to more revenue, not a butt-kicking, as some of my friends at SWA lovingly refer to."

Just an outsider, but if you got higher ticket prices and full airplanes, how are you guys losing 20 mill a year?

well...let me see if i can recap what our old ceo used to say when asked this same question. It went something like.."operating out of denver is a bitch...very expensive, Competing with United is a bitch, Southwest is a bitch...., and of course Fuel is a bitch." Hopefully we can get some better leadership with the new gent at the helm.

well...let me see if i can recap what our old ceo used to say when asked this same question. It went something like.."operating out of denver is a bitch...very expensive, Competing with United is a bitch, Southwest is a bitch...., and of course Fuel is a bitch." Hopefully we can get some better leadership with the new gent at the helm.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Climb2Slow. I believe that is one of the great enigmas of F9. We've always had some of the top, if not THE top ontime performance numbers (and yes, we actually use ACARS - minimizes cheating), record load factors, and a good product with a loyal following out of Denver. So....how is it that we keep losing money? Very good question, and one that we have been asking for a very long time.

I too am optimistic that our new CEO can possibly trim down all of the "assistants of the assistants" and some of the other fat at the GO, as well as enforcing some of the accountability that should be present with all labor groups, not just the pilot group. Very frustrating situation, especially when even Airbus was asking us how it is that F9 remains the top efficiency operator of their aircraft in terms of fuel savings and maintenance costs. Not sure what more we can do...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back