• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many 767s will do non-DHL flying? Will they do pax/MAC charter work back-and-forth to Europe, the ME, etc. like the Omni and Ryan 767s?

Also, will the DHL 767s only fly domestic US flights or will they be used on longhaul flights to Europe/South America, etc?

The only 767 flying right now is a -300ER meant for AMC work. the 2nd -300ER should be flying soon. I believe the 3rd -300ER will show up sometime next year. As far as I know, any further -300ERs are theoretical at this point, but I've heard encouraging rumors!

We'll have 5 DHL freighters (767-200s) by the end of next year. DHL service begins next year. None of the DHL birds are ETOPS. Domestic service out of CVG, but I have no idea what routes.

When hiring started in 2010, the mins were 4000 TotalTime/1000 PIC Jet. After a few months the mins were reduced to 2500TT/1000 Turbine TotalTime (No jet, no PIC required). Just recently, the mins were reduced to 2000TT/500 Turbine TotalTime.

One of the new hires told me a guy in his class had, basically, no PIC (I think it was actually no Turbine PIC....most guys have at least some PIC SE flying light aircraft). He was a regional FO.

cliff
SYD

I am one of those guys. I know of a few others hired with the same background. 6500 Total Time, 5000 Turbine, 1200 PIC, 0 Jet PIC (Thank you Comair).

Meet the Atlas mins and apply. The rest is personality, passing their tests, dedication to making a career at Atlas, etc.

They also "mine" the various pilot boards for info about you.

In case you're watching, Denise, I'm still very interested in Atlas! :D
I know I'd be very happy there.

I heard from a guy who is mgmt for an airline like ours that is freight and pax. At this point, the way the rules are, they would have to follow the pax rules for all their pilots for all of their operations.

I wouldn't be surprised if things changed a lot with the rules over the next two years.

cliff
YYZ

That's kind of the same thing I have been hearing. It is all or nothing with the certificate. Then again, there is always the Polar certificate that could become very valuable to AAWW.

cliff has spoken...it must be true.

Yes, it is 100% true that a guy I know at another airline told me what he thought would happen there. That has nothing to do with what will happen at Atlas.

At Atlas, I have no idea. It seems quite complicated, as we have cargo, pax and mil pax...three different types of operations.

I am quite disappointed that the rules have been put off for two years. Congress gave the FAA until 1 Aug 2011 to implement the rules....that was the buffer time they had to get used to the new rules, as the law was passed in Aug, 2010.

Two MORE years is a long time, and I hope that the rules will not be negatively affected in that time. I hope that the rules will be improved by the time they are implemented.

cliff
YYZ

Latest resources

Back