Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The bigger the jet, the bigger the bags!"

And until Connie starts getting A-380's, flying Whales at this and other similiar outfits, its about as big as it gets..

Did run into one of our guys hauling the BIGGEST Purdy Neat Stuff bag i'd ever seen! Maybe some truth to those ugly '380 rumors after all!!

Happy Thanksgiving gang.

"The bigger the jet, the bigger the bags!"

And until Connie starts getting A-380's, flying Whales at this and other similiar outfits, its about as big as it gets..

Did run into one of our guys hauling the BIGGEST Purdy Neat Stuff bag i'd ever seen! Maybe some truth to those ugly '380 rumors after all!!

Happy Thanksgiving gang.

I've seen your oversized bags villan, you're one to talk...lol;)

I have consistently heard that the 4th quarter is the busy time for Atlas. I have now seen this with my own schedule and paycheck. How busy are things after the first of the year? (i.e. extentions, min. guarantee...what can be expected?)

I'm afraid that Atlas is not the best choice for you then. It is a great gig for those who like this life style but if 17 days on the road is an abhorrent to you then this won't work at all. That's OK. Not all solutions are workable for all families. That's how it is in the ACMI world, though. It is what it is and I give you kudos for checking it out before jumping in to the pool.

We don't go out for that long, Ive never been out longer than 10 days. But we are somewhat unique amongst Non-scheds.

We don't go out for that long, Ive never been out longer than 10 days. But we are somewhat unique amongst Non-scheds.

I'm seeing this all change with the line bidding system now. I have heard there is an issue if you have a period of days off under 5 days and with the company making the lines..they are figuring out..one long line is two tickets to work cheaper than a pattern with a days off break in between trips. I liked having PBS and the lines more broken up as to what you want. HSV was great for that...but this last bid I saw mostly 17 day patterns.
Correct me if I am reading the contract wrong...but is there a clause in there that states that if you do 17 consecutive days that scheduling can't extend you??

you can be extended 3 days per month.

cliff
HNL

Thanks for all of the info by guys like Cliff and others.

Atlas sounds like it might work out just right for me and my family's lifestyle. I currently do 45 ON / 45 OFF for a private jet in Africa. When I'm on, there is no set schedule and I can end up changing destinations and plans daily. That doesn't bother me, it's become normal. 17 days is a walk in the park compared to 45.

I've just sent in the application. Wish me luck.

Tim

Yeah, lax is a polar base and it seems to b pretty desirable with the atlas guys that are now eligible to bid lax. Another senior base is MIA, we just had one of our captains downgrade himself to hold Mia... I just bailed out of LAX for HSV, the HSV base seems to b where they r putting most of the newhires

Hope you live in the HSV area...if you are flying in to HSV it costs you 2 off days for each of those trips going to LUX and MEX because of the time they leave. I was having to burn one off day evening then an entire off day and I am only 1 quick leg from HSV. Then you always get stuck with the imputed income BS there as well..because you always originate from base in HSV.

Latest resources

Back