• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you can be extended 3 days per month.

cliff
HNL

Section 25 subsection B. I read that as if you are doing 17 in a row...no extension.

Section 25 subsection B. I read that as if you are doing 17 in a row...no extension.

Section 25.L.2 covers extensions. Section 3.C.3 covers extra pay for an extension. I think Section 25.B is referring to not being SCHEDULED for a trip that exceeds 17 days.

Last edited:
Any body know about class schedules to come next year how many? How many guys in the pool? mid Oct interview just wondering how long the pool wait should be, I cant wait to get in class. Thanks for all you guys info that was posted it really helped.

I think getting all 17 days in a row out of the way would be better, that is if you can get straight home after for two weeks off.

Any body know about class schedules to come next year how many? How many guys in the pool? mid Oct interview just wondering how long the pool wait should be, I cant wait to get in class. Thanks for all you guys info that was posted it really helped.

767 classes will slow down a bit from what was planned. Only one bird flying and guys are stacked up waiting for OE. But, when the airplanes do start showing up (DHL starts early next year), they'll probably go full-bore again. Full capacity would be a new class every three weeks.

I think 747 classes will be steady all next year. Bunch of guys retiring in 2013, plus the deliveries they'll get next year.

If i had to guess, probably 50-ish in the pool. Next interviews in January.

I looked on the the Atlas home page and didn't see a requirement for PIC jet time. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I have about 6k total, 3k SIC turbine but only about 800 of that is Turbine in a over 44k lbs a/c. The rest is biz jet turbine. What are guys getting hired with?

I looked on the the Atlas home page and didn't see a requirement for PIC jet time. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I have about 6k total, 3k SIC turbine but only about 800 of that is Turbine in a over 44k lbs a/c. The rest is biz jet turbine. What are guys getting hired with?

in my case, I had 1k bizjet turbine, 6500k CRJ time, with a whopping 420 turbine PIC. Put your stuff in!

When hiring started in 2010, the mins were 4000 TotalTime/1000 PIC Jet. After a few months the mins were reduced to 2500TT/1000 Turbine TotalTime (No jet, no PIC required). Just recently, the mins were reduced to 2000TT/500 Turbine TotalTime.

One of the new hires told me a guy in his class had, basically, no PIC (I think it was actually no Turbine PIC....most guys have at least some PIC SE flying light aircraft). He was a regional FO.

cliff
SYD

767 classes will slow down a bit from what was planned. Only one bird flying and guys are stacked up waiting for OE. But, when the airplanes do start showing up (DHL starts early next year), they'll probably go full-bore again. Full capacity would be a new class every three weeks.

I think 747 classes will be steady all next year. Bunch of guys retiring in 2013, plus the deliveries they'll get next year.

If i had to guess, probably 50-ish in the pool. Next interviews in January.

How many 767s will do non-DHL flying? Will they do pax/MAC charter work back-and-forth to Europe, the ME, etc. like the Omni and Ryan 767s?

Also, will the DHL 767s only fly domestic US flights or will they be used on longhaul flights to Europe/South America, etc?

Last edited:
The 1st 2 767s are starting pax charter now...I think most of it is mil. Don't know the timeframe or how many other 767s are coming, except for the 5 cmi dhl birds mentioned above. Have heard rumours of over 20 767s total. Haven't heard anything about dhl 767s except rumours of base in US or base overseas....seems like the us base rumours are more prevalent lately.

cliff
SYD

Latest resources

Back