• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Jetblue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Except about 30 fairly senior B6 guys last year that had recall rights back to DL. The story I heard was B6 called DL and asked for DL not to give them class dates before the holidays, to which DL immediately gave them NOV classes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh yeah....I'm sure that's how it happened.

Really? You fly for a living? With that imagination?

Except about 30 fairly senior B6 guys last year that had recall rights back to DL. The story I heard was B6 called DL and asked for DL not to give them class dates before the holidays, to which DL immediately gave them NOV classes.

I have a feeling all the legacies are going to agressively go after LCC pilots, primarily because it affects the LCC's bottom line. Taking a LCC Capt makes the LCC upgrade an FO to Capt, and hire a new hire to replace the FO. DL will start hiring 115 pilots a month next month, and retirements haven't really even started yet. It's gonna get interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If I were Delta management, and I wanted to hurt Jetblue, I'd tell HR to scour all the resumes, and if you see a current JB pilot that is even remotely qualified, call them for an interview, NOW. You could cripple JetBlue's operation if even HALF the 115 a month you hired came from JB. At the very least you would cost them a crapload of money in training costs and really hurt the bottom line.

If I were Delta management, and I wanted to hurt Jetblue, I'd tell HR to scour all the resumes, and if you see a current JB pilot that is even remotely qualified, call them for an interview, NOW. You could cripple JetBlue's operation if even HALF the 115 a month you hired came from JB. At the very least you would cost them a crapload of money in training costs and really hurt the bottom line.

True. I have only ever flown with one JB captain with apps out, but I'm sure a lot of FOs do. This is JBs problem to fix and defend against.

Oh yeah....I'm sure that's how it happened.

Really? You fly for a living? With that imagination?

Yeah, I actually think it did happen like that. Funny stuff. Sounds like you are taking it personally, kinda like your bosses. Oh well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

All 3 of the legacies are going to eventually have to go after LCC pilots, and that's when it will get interesting. To lure them away, they are going to have to offer great terms and bases nearby the JB bases. I think all 3 will do that, and that will force the LCCs to increase their own pay and benefits, and that will help everyone. Lower oil will help pay for it too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

All 3 of the legacies are going to eventually have to go after LCC pilots, and that's when it will get interesting. To lure them away, they are going to have to offer great terms and bases nearby the JB bases. I think all 3 will do that, and that will force the LCCs to increase their own pay and benefits, and that will help everyone. Lower oil will help pay for it too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You write like this will be a "win / win" for everyone when in reality, after reading most of your boring 20,000 posts of selfishness and the avatar you use, everyone knows that you're advocating for another self grab looking out for numero uno; selfish prick, as usual.:rolleyes:

You write like this will be a "win / win" for everyone when in reality, after reading most of your boring 20,000 posts of selfishness and the avatar you use, everyone knows that you're advocating for another self grab looking out for numero uno; selfish prick, as usual.:rolleyes:

Ahahahaha! Well, it's the truth, and your airline better offer more to it's own pilots or many will be looking to go elsewhere for better pay and upward movement. That isn't a bad thing. But, you seem nervous. Oh well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Come on guys. We all know general is an expert in everything aviation. From legacy, major, regional, cargo, and international flying. We know this because he comments on all of these boards. Obviously being a line pilot, or dispatcher, or scheduler or whatever he is at Delta(or so he/she says) makes him an expert on all subjects. You can't argue with someone who knows everything.

Back to the original point of the thread. JetBlue is running interviews for 50 guys tomorrow October 28. Good luck to all those interviewing tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back