• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Jetblue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We all make choices where some are pretty good and some could be better.
The choice is ours to make though..

I thought you left?:bomb:

Hey! How do you like paying ALPA dues again? Ha ha!

You should pair them with the JetBlew Orange Health plan.

Enjoy paying for both. Would've been nice to get that ALPA thing done five or even ten years ago huh?

The oracle has spoken.

Now back to your regularly scheduled incompetence.

I have no numbers for your second group, but I don't think that it's too many. If you can believe BPilots, some of the early furloughed DL pilots that returned recently are close to upgrade at DL.
They landed on their feet way back when!
I have over 12 years at B6. I have only a couple of years left, but if I were only 50, my apps would be out! (I doubt that I would be competitive, though).
:beer:

So...if you were fifty and a 12 year captain at jb, you would leave to go where? Have you done the math? Please explain.

No drama, B6, just discouraged. I came here 12+ years ago based on perception and promises made. I don't have to tell you how that worked out. My fault, nobody else's. Now that ALPA is on property, the "promises" will be legally enforceable. That said, it's going to be an uphill battle and no telling how long until a CBA. The company has already telegraphed their intent to NOT cooperate.
Look at the announcement today about hotels. A 40 minute ride to the hotel, one way? Health Ins? Did you see what your LTD and STD payments will go to next year? Having been on VSTD since early summer, I've seen how things work. Or more correctly, don't. I hope that you never go through it.
I merely said that if I had significant time left in my career that I'd be out of here for an established major with a contract, if possible.
That's drama?
I can see how someone at a bottom-feeding regional would see JB as an upgrade. I can't see how they would settle for a bottom-feeding major after they're here.
:beer:

Actually, my comments were directed at "Mr. linepilot" and you are entitled to feel the way you do. We do have work to do here to improve this operation for all of us though.

First point is likely true.
Second point: If you were furloughed from those other carriers and came to JB early enough, many stay and do not return to those Legacy carriers. Not exactly your example but similar.:eek:

Except about 30 fairly senior B6 guys last year that had recall rights back to DL. The story I heard was B6 called DL and asked for DL not to give them class dates before the holidays, to which DL immediately gave them NOV classes.

I have a feeling all the legacies are going to agressively go after LCC pilots, primarily because it affects the LCC's bottom line. Taking a LCC Capt makes the LCC upgrade an FO to Capt, and hire a new hire to replace the FO. DL will start hiring 115 pilots a month next month, and retirements haven't really even started yet. It's gonna get interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back