• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Jetblue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot of jb pilots are leaving and airframes on the way.
I'll bet it's sooner.

A lot of jb pilots are leaving and airframes on the way.
I'll bet it's sooner.

"A lot of jb pilots are leaving" is an embellishment of the facts as far as I'm aware. Did people leave this year, yes; the facts do not support "a lot."
More than one is too many though with the current growth and shortage coming IMO.

"A lot of jb pilots are leaving" is an embellishment of the facts as far as I'm aware. Did people leave this year, yes; the facts do not support "a lot."
More than one is too many though with the current growth and shortage coming IMO.

I would say the more pilots that leave JB the better. Especially if they have an employee number less than 2000

For the year there have been 71 pilots who left JetBlue as of 10/19/14 (according to the unofficial 'Where did they go' thread on BP). I believe the company projected 100 leaving this year for attrition.

For the year there have been 71 pilots who left JetBlue as of 10/19/14 (according to the unofficial 'Where did they go' thread on BP). I believe the company projected 100 leaving this year for attrition.

I'm sure that number will increase as the other carriers ramp up their hiring.
Also, I wonder how many pilots from the other majors have quit to go to B6?

Last edited:
I'm sure that number will increase as the other carriers ramp up their hiring.
Also, I wonder how many pilots from the other majors have quit to go to B6?

First point is likely true.
Second point: If you were furloughed from those other carriers and came to JB early enough, many stay and do not return to those Legacy carriers. Not exactly your example but similar.:eek:

First point is likely true.
Second point: If you were furloughed from those other carriers and came to JB early enough, many stay and do not return to those Legacy carriers. Not exactly your example but similar.:eek:
I have no numbers for your second group, but I don't think that it's too many. If you can believe BPilots, some of the early furloughed DL pilots that returned recently are close to upgrade at DL.
They landed on their feet way back when!
I have over 12 years at B6. I have only a couple of years left, but if I were only 50, my apps would be out! (I doubt that I would be competitive, though).
:beer:

Latest resources

Back