• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Jetblue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More interviews happening Nov 6 and 11, I believe the email said. A round this week and next week basically. No word on the window opening.

We've lost like 76 this year, vast majority off the bottom of the list. He's not entirely wrong. Lots of guys getting hired and immediately leaving for Delta, United, etc.

I think he said hiring.

Not only are you guessing, you're guessing about something that they're not talking about. Turn that frown upside down buddy!

I'm just saying there are only so many planes coming the next 3 years, 12-15-15. That requires a certain number of pilots, and it isn't 400-450 a year. Maybe the company is planning for a new contract, but color me skeptical...

I'm just saying there are only so many planes coming the next 3 years, 12-15-15. That requires a certain number of pilots, and it isn't 400-450 a year. Maybe the company is planning for a new contract, but color me skeptical...

It doesn't matter how many planes you have, it matters how many hours you fly. I'm guessing they are planning ~100 to 150 in attrition, 250-300 for growth. Now that the planes are finishing up the WIFI mods I would have said that we have more then the net 12 worth of net aircraft next year, but now with the coming announcement of a "density change" and the winglet mods which take a plane out for 13 days instead of the 7 for wifi, we might have less then 12 aircraft net growth next year.

They could also be seeing the possibility of a decent percentage of the AMR guys going back... theres still quite a few of them on property.

I think the real reason though is A330s... :laugh:;)

It doesn't matter how many planes you have, it matters how many hours you fly. I'm guessing they are planning ~100 to 150 in attrition, 250-300 for growth. Now that the planes are finishing up the WIFI mods I would have said that we have more then the net 12 worth of net aircraft next year, but now with the coming announcement of a "density change" and the winglet mods which take a plane out for 13 days instead of the 7 for wifi, we might have less then 12 aircraft net growth next year.

They could also be seeing the possibility of a decent percentage of the AMR guys going back... theres still quite a few of them on property.

I think the real reason though is A330s... :laugh:;)

Agree, except the 330s... But most of your post validates my 200 NET number. Although if a lot of the attrition is from AA furlough returns, that is good because it comes off the upper half of the list instead of the bottom 10%. I personally doubt many of the AA guys will return, but hope I am wrong.

Agree, except the 330s... But most of your post validates my 200 NET number. Although if a lot of the attrition is from AA furlough returns, that is good because it comes off the upper half of the list instead of the bottom 10%. I personally doubt many of the AA guys will return, but hope I am wrong.

Well the few I know are the ones who complain the most so they better go back to their "real airline". I don't want to hear it if they decide to stay, those guys have the golden ticket, and fail to understand what a great spot they have.
Stay at blue and be a senior captain or wait it out go back to American just in time for a big raise and the mass retirements. I would love that choice.

Latest resources

Back