• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any former SIUers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The beer at T-Birds was Olympia Light. I had a friend who worked in the beer store upstairs with the inside scoop.

It's kind of scary that all of the names of bars ring a bell, but I don't really remember any of my professors. Graduated in '97, but I won't tell you when I started. I wish I could say it was because the Elementary Ed classed I was taking were really tough...

Oh yeah, what about Beer N Bowl, 10 bucks all you can drink and throw.

Boat Regata!! Oh yeah!!

American Tap... first bar I went to in Carbondale. Closed shortly there after. :(

I was drinking Olympia Light at T-Birds?????!!?!?... BLEEEHHHCK!!!!

Oh well. Great times...

Bagel man .... awesome! cream cheese, baconbits, and cucumbers and sunflower seeds!

Dont forget Halloween..

I remember coming out of a party and walking back to my house with my roommates at 2am and seeing a big crowd of people over on college st. We went to go check it out we see some drunk idiots chucking beer bottles at police officers (who were in riot gear), right about the time we are thinking "its time to get the *** out of here"... a canister of tear gas comes streaming over the crowd right towards us and about 200 people turn around and start running right towards us... holy crap!!! Ill never forget it.

Last edited:
I tell ya, it (Halloween) used to be so much better in the early 80's (when I was in high school). Much less of a frat party atmosphere. Before people started throwing bottles full of beer into the middle of a crowd and setting cars on fire. Same with Springfest...

I remember (mostly) seeing Fishbone at Springfest in 1989. That was awesome. Don't forget Giant City too!

yep, it (Halloween) was definitely getting way out of hand when I was there. They closed the dorms and sent everyone home the following year.

Another great thing was the Sunset concerts during the summer..
What a great time!

I saw Big Bad VooDoo Daddy at Copper Dragon... awesome!

Halloween my junior year (fall of 2003) was quite nuts. I was living at Creekside and there was a party below me in the parking lot that had probably close to 300 people there. It was an awesome party, but then the cops showed up and people started being stupid. I went back up to my apartment to watch from my balcony. Beer bottles started being thrown at the cop cars, cops showed up in riot gear, and threatend everyone with pepperspray. They even threatend to spray the bystanders on the balconies. God that was fun! Ahh, the memories.....

P.S. I'll take my bagel with cream cheese, apples, raisins, cinnamon, and bacon bits.....from Winston, that is. Only the original! I'll never forget the night, drunk off my butt on the strip, buying a bagel from Winston. The dude gave me a bunch of flavored condoms as a good luck charm....hahaha...

Last edited:
ohh yeah..........don't forget the spillway too.....drinking and swimming...what fun.

Can't forget winstons famous one liners
"we're proud and envious of my brother, he's a sophomore at the local high school.....and he's only 27"

"it only takes him an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes"

I think he's been using those same lines since I showed up at SIU in 96 LOL

Oh, and the link that someone posted above......if you haven't got on the alumni list already, check it out! If you need help, just PM me.

GFunk20 said:
Interestingly enough, the guy who setup that internship with SIU is now the Program Manager for the E-170/190 at FlightSafety in STL. I met him last summer when I upgraded.
You're not talking about Dan Lasner are you?

Latest resources

Back