• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any former SIUers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
going back on the memories...I was a bagelman for a couple of years....ohhh the power... after the bars closed anyway. that was fun. I remember Woody Harrelson going to the Hangar one night (in town to visit his dad in Marion) and going up on stage and singing and then he came out and signed the bagel cart....that was fun. man was he wasted.

Don't forget about the cardboard regatta......

Cardboard boat regatta!!!! Holy crap does that bring back memories. We won it back in 94. Boy I'm showing my age...anyone remember "The Tap", Frankies where Jenny McCartney worked...or is this WAY before any of you young grasshoppers time???

Chris Ghighes?? LOL I was his first instrument student

^^

Hahah, prolly took the bus out to the airport at the same time. Man, I'm gettin' old too!

Frankie's was the first bar I went to in college (second night)

SIU doesn't have the Best Inns internship anymore do they?

They got rid of the Best Inns Internship when I was still there a few years ago. Apparently the guy who owned the Citation died.

Interestingly enough, the guy who setup that internship with SIU is now the Program Manager for the E-170/190 at FlightSafety in STL. I met him last summer when I upgraded.

PINCH PENNY PUBS! WET-TSHIRT CONTESTS AT THE GALLERY

Popeye0537 said:
Cardboard boat regatta!!!! Holy crap does that bring back memories. We won it back in 94. Boy I'm showing my age...anyone remember "The Tap", Frankies where Jenny McCartney worked...or is this WAY before any of you young grasshoppers time???

Chris Ghighes?? LOL I was his first instrument student

Ahh yes, Jenny McCarthy. She actually served me my first underage drink at Frankies. You remember, you had to get there before 6 to get in at age 18. She also gave me a body shot (no, I'm not kidding) on my 20th birthday. Who knew those hoo-hoo's would become so famous! And for all of you who flew with Chris Geighes.....he was my roommate for two years. What a tool. Me and my other two roommates Tom and Jeff used to steal his food all the time. He was sooooooo anal - we couldn't help but mess with him. And his car, his stupid POS Mustang - we teepeed it one night when we were drunk. He just about had an anuerism (sp?). Good times.

HAHA! I remember JB's. I actually dated a white trash stripper from there, stage name "Autumn", for about a month. I guess I just wanted the bragging rights at the time, now I look back and hang my head in shame. In any case, I ended it when I dropped her off at home...which turned out to be the Knight's Inn by the airport!

Latest resources

Back