Any former SIUers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

Looking for any former salukis...I'd like to know there is some sort of light at the end of the tunnel (though I know it's not very bright..haha)! Thanks in advance....

There are 6 or 7 Salukis at AirTran . . . . and a few in Leavenworth.

Last edited:
I'd pay good money for a few rounds of darts and beers at Gatsby's (is that place even still there?) followed up with Pag's...yum...

That's great to hear from some of our alums...

All the places mentioned are still hoppin... Gatsby's, Pags, La Bamba (though, I wouldn't reccomend that place after a night of drinking...personal experience)...I'm trying to think of some of the old guys that are still around in the program. Leeland Widdick is still the Chief Pilot. Gerry Spittler, Rick Martinez, Dave Kampe, Kim Carter...any names ring a bell?

About the AirTran comment, we had a bunch come out to our banquet this past October since the VP of Flight Ops was the keynote speaker.

Anyway, its good to hear from ya'll...

A bunch of us over here at Chautauqua/Shuttle/Republic as well.

I miss Quatros pizza the most. And the hot girls in front of the rec center.
Spittler rocks. He signed me off for my CFI.

Anyone head for the airlines or are they still SIU Lifers??

Some how they usually only manage to employ the hot ones at the rec... I definetly don't mind the eye candy

The lifers really haven't moved on...I mean it's in their name right? A few guys have come back on furlough...one UAL and one TWA/American...The UAL guy is currently my instrument instructor and he sure is gettin ancy with the pilot recalls...I don't blame him for the s$it he's gone through...

GFunk20

Hey man, I noticed you had some C-340 and C-421 time....You do the charter program through SIU?

Latest resources

Back