• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any former SIUers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Chris Geighes (sp?) still instructing there? I was his first solo student way back in the day.

i am at swa..graduated in '92......don't know how many saluki's are here though!!!

Chris is still there but he doesn't really instruct that much anymore. He's doing charter in the twin cessnas.

av8tor4239 said:
I have been craving La Bambas for 5 years.

Every time I get up to Chicago I stumble to Bamba's for a Super Steak with extra hot sauce. Mmmmm..... Bamba's.

I used to get the Wednesday night special from La Roma's, large pizza with 2 huge flat Pepsi's. Too bad that place closed down. Brings back fond memories of the walk of shame from the Towers to Thompson Point with messed up hair and a wicked hangover at 8am on a Friday morning.

There are at least 4 or 5 of us that I personally know at PSA.

Yes I did AF304 twice, actually. Great deal. Flying with Mortag was great. Voges was doing it too until he decided to become a tenured CFI.

Won't be long till Bill Irwin gets recalled. He deserves better than SIU. When they first hired him back from furlough, they only brought him on as a full time CFI. What an INSULT. Atleast now he is a Check Airman. but still.....

Only so many chandelles you can do over Lake Kincaid!

I know there are at least 10 of us here at ExpressJet. I got NewMyer to send me a bunch of SIU stickers and I've managed to drop them in just about everyone's file. You can pick us out easy now - we are the ones telling passengers what a Saluki is.

GO SALUKIS!

really miss Pagliai's :(

oh and Jimmy Johns, Quatros Pizza.... yum!

What about Stix, Sidetracks, Hangar and Copper Dragon? Are they still around?

Anyone remember Detours? Or am I showing my age?

Airtran Fanatic said:
GO SALUKIS!

You are showing your age....that's ok. I remember Detours well. Remember the night that dude got killed by the bouncers? I had just left to get some Zipps right before that happened. The Hangar was killer - Jungle Dogs - you know what I'm talking about. Drink till you puke - rock till you puke: the goal was always the same. Jimmy Johns - we actually overnight at MSP downtown and there's a Jimmy Johns a few blocks over. I always manage to get over for the gargantuan even when it's 20 below and blizzarding.

Airtran Fanatic said:
GO SALUKIS!

Oh Detours............. first night in town I went here. The rest is history

How about the upper deck? Poker games with NewMyer & Kaps till 5am

Latest resources

Back