Anti union pilots.....I don't get it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Add to the list

Again, in you're own little dream World.
I know of 2 who lost thier jobs and ALPA never got thier jobs back.
Both at Mesa, and both snagged 121 jobs immediately.
One of them called a "A Lister" a scab, and ALPA MAG coulnd't even stand up for him. It was AH who threw him under the bus.

So before you say "ALPA gets pilots jobs back ALL the time" you better say "ALPA gets thier jobs back SOME of the time".

I'm not against ALPA, I just don't live in the little world that you do, thinking they can do no wrong.
I can add to that list of ex-ALPA pilots terminated by thier previous airline. Actually I think the contract makes it easier to get rid of a pilot. Doesn't meet contract obligations, termination is authorized.

Yep. Without a doubt. As bad as Mesa is, at least there is union protection from wrongful terminations and other issues.

no wait! NOW I've heard it all!

PCL, I think you're a fairly intelligent person, but this is one of the stupidest and most nonsensical things I think I've ever read on this forum. your resume is already such a huge handicap, but to say something so completely off the wall as this really almost discredits you completely.

So before you say "ALPA gets pilots jobs back ALL the time" you better say "ALPA gets thier jobs back SOME of the time".
I thought that was implied and easily understood by the reader. Maybe I'm expecting too much of you? ALPA can't win every case, but most MECs have a very good track record with winning termination grievances.
I'm not against ALPA, I just don't live in the little world that you do, thinking they can do no wrong.

ALPA does plenty wrong. I just don't choose to dwell on it, because that accomplished nothing. We need to move ahead and continue to work for an improved profession. Bit&^ing and whining about ALPA's past failures holds us back from accomplishing our goals.

Yep. Without a doubt. As bad as Mesa is, at least there is union protection from wrongful terminations and other issues.

Well then you sir a true idiot.... I would take Skywest over Mesa...... as would anyone with half a brain....

You want ALPA and I want a good company..... ALPA doesn't provide for my well being..... my company does....

Just as you confuse ALPA supporters with lemmings.

Not the same..... most ALPA supporters are lemmings.... they would follow ALPA off a cliff if they could...... They have no idea who their leaders are, and they have no knowledge of the issues, but they do whatever ALPA says..... they are lemmings........... and I enjoy being lemming road kill....

Joe:

And therein lies the true problem....

I have seen it many times in my career....where the pilot forgets who pays his check. ALPA never paid one of my bills for me. They collected dues and they represented me when it was politically prudent or outright illegal if they didn't. Every other time they ducked and ran like babies.

Union or non-union, the company that hired me pays my salary. I never forget that. Is the company perfect, no. But neither is ALPA.

A350

Joe:

And therein lies the true problem....

I have seen it many times in my career....where the pilot forgets who pays his check. ALPA never paid one of my bills for me. They collected dues and they represented me when it was politically prudent or outright illegal if they didn't. Every other time they ducked and ran like babies.

Union or non-union, the company that hired me pays my salary. I never forget that. Is the company perfect, no. But neither is ALPA.

A350

Exactly.... both sides have their faults..... and many of them are similar..... but in the end, the company provides for me while the union costs me money.....

If I have to choose between the two, I will side with the one that provides for me...... The ALPAistas can't seem to understand that.....

Now that's some funny stuff.

What's funny about that? ALPA doesn't pay me.... ASA does..... Can ALPA match the pay that ASA does?..... What do you find funny Gulfstreamboy??

What's funny about that? ALPA doesn't pay me.... ASA does..... Can ALPA match the pay that ASA does?..... What do you find funny Gulfstreamboy??

Your company doesn't give a flying fu&^ about you, John. If Jerry could chain your ass to that seat and force you to fly around the clock for no compensation, then that's exactly what he would do.

Latest resources

Back