• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why have attorneys spend all that time and money drafting PA etc... if a CEO can say screw it take it or leave it?

Is this how SW contract negotiations will go in the future?

Why is there a SWAPA if they don't do any of the negotiating with the MC. Just save your union dues and let the CEO threaten all who oppose.

It must work as proven by your success so maybe UAL and Continental should do the same. Take it or leave it, we don't have to follow any agreements.

Just a little ticked that that I fell for the ALPA propaganda and now realize attorneys are as useful/less as congress.

Is this how SW contract negotiations will go in the future?

Pretty much. ALPA thinks SWAPA is weak but this is the kind of negotiating we're up against every section 6. It took a lot of work to get to where we're at. Southwest treats us great...but they negotiate like the devil.

How do you blame ALPA for this? If there is any improvement in the SLI, it's a better deal for FL. That's what the merger committee went to Dallas for, not a barrel of Texas snake oil. The process agreement which was agreed upon by both unions and companies has been reneged upon by SWAPA, and backed up by credible threats from SWA mgmt. They clearly will not honor that agreement, what makes you think they will honor any other agreement they sign? I have great respect and have admired WN over the years for their vaunted "culture" but it seems to me they have diminished it greatly by these actions.

When you get to SWA You will see how it is a family. It's not a bunch of hype. I could tell you stories that would make you weep,of what SWA has done for some of the employes .

The irony of it all is that I have heard (I do not know this as fact) that all previous enticements are off the table, such as 717 pay. Also, I heard over 100 CA bids for the senior SW F/O's right away. So, since I've been told many times "WN F/O's make more than FL CA's" I would assume not one WN F/O will bid for a Captain slot on the 717.

What's behind door number two ain't gonna be better than door number one. I wouldn't want to check out door number three, the cat isn't all that curiosity killed.. it's pretty hard on the critter too. I am praying you do, though. Go Alpa, Go! We luv you!

Arbitration will be better for you, I promise! We are screwed!

Also, I heard over 100 CA bids for the senior SW F/O's right away. So, since I've been told many times "WN F/O's make more than FL CA's" I would assume not one WN F/O will bid for a Captain slot on the 717.
If true, no upgrades needed, Lance captains could fill all those slots without one upgrade. A WN FO won't be making AT captain pay, he will be making WN CA pay, big difference.

If true, no upgrades needed, Lance captains could fill all those slots without one upgrade. A WN FO won't be making AT captain pay, he will be making WN CA pay, big difference.

So you will pay a Lance FO/CA one rate....and a Airtran line captain a substantially lower rate. Is that what you're telling me?

So you will pay a Lance FO/CA one rate....and a Airtran line captain a substantially lower rate. Is that what you're telling me?
No, but a WN FO making whatever 717 CA rate might get a WN FO to bid 717 CA...

I doubt it though as we are hearing those things are gone inside two years, why waste the effort.

Notice the much vaunted 717 sim move to DAL has not happened?

I don't care if it's $10 an hour more an hour...I'd bid it because it is about the money to me :) I'd gladly work weekends and holidays for more money. At least I'm honest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back