• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AT pilots take this deal or they never see their picture on a SWA ID.

Seniority isn't forever when you're on the street.

Threats are fun. Clueless seems nice too.

SWAPA was pretty clear...they weren't going to accept a 'lesser' deal. SWA was also pretty clear...most of the economic benefits of the AIP are gone for good.

Based on that, my guess would be an offer with less seniority, less protection and much less money for trannies. My guess is they will cave and take GK's deal by a clear majority. Then they will spend the next 20 years whining about the "minority of idiots" that took the deal.

Of course, if the MEC forwards a deal like I described after turning down a far better one, they better enter the witness relocation program for the rest of their careers!

If that's the case, arbitration may be a good option for the AT guys. If it happens, the list would be binding, forever. Forever. So much fun. The pay will return, too. Sounds like the Process Agreement will be followed. Popcorn ready!

Godspeed to YOU!

OYS

You are stuck with Bond-McCaskell. They will wear the ID, and Gary will get a bonus. Read Bond-McCaskell and weep.

If that's the case, arbitration may be a good option for the AT guys. If it happens, the list would be binding, forever. Forever. So much fun. The pay will return, too. Sounds like the Process Agreement will be followed. Popcorn ready!

Godspeed to YOU!

OYS
The arbitrators award, which will be binding, will certainly be better then what Gary Kelly proffered. I don't understand all the fear and hysteria from the SWAPA guys, if their so confident about their arguments with regards to a seniority integration, why all the fear of arbitration. Make your best case and move on.

Here at ALPA we can take a bad deal and make it worse!

How do you blame ALPA for this? If there is any improvement in the SLI, it's a better deal for FL. That's what the merger committee went to Dallas for, not a barrel of Texas snake oil. The process agreement which was agreed upon by both unions and companies has been reneged upon by SWAPA, and backed up by credible threats from SWA mgmt. They clearly will not honor that agreement, what makes you think they will honor any other agreement they sign? I have great respect and have admired WN over the years for their vaunted "culture" but it seems to me they have diminished it greatly by these actions.

Latest resources

Back