Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt_zman said:
How can you solve an issue if you don't have a deadline that is enforceable?

You got that right!!! I can't believe that the U.N. is getting away with this nonsense.

As for Natalie.. this is not the first time she has done something like this. She slammed Toby Keith on his patriotic music. Personally, I hope she doesn't come home. The other two are fine.

Last edited:
let's put it in perspective

Transpose the thought process to back to the last election. I saw, and could have purchased an "Al Gore for President" baseball cap. I also could have purchased a "G.W. Bush for President" baseball cap. Does the fact that I chose not to buy the "Gore" cap make me a "censor". I think not. By not buying a "Gore" cap, I expressed my political leanings. I do the same with the entertainment celebrities. If I don't like their message, I don't buy their products!

Hello,
Students of history may recall a certain organization called the "League of Nations" formed after the "War to end all Wars". This organization had little if any influence on the conduct of world affairs nor did it "reign in" people like Hitler, Mussolini or Tojo.
The UN is an irrelevant, impotent and self-serving organization. The French feel like they must exert themselves as a "super power" with an alternative to offer the world in leadership. Well, the French would have nothing had it not been for the sacrifices of many American, British and Canadian troops on June 6, 1944.
Furthermore, the theory that we can appease and negotiate with the likes of Saddam Hussein are as ludicrous as Neville Chamberline's qoute "Peace in our time" speech after meeting with Hitler in 1939. Please wake up people and heed the lessons of history.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

It's not as much about free speech as it is the lack of patriotism. She goes to another country and puts down HER president but won't say that here. She only said it b/c she never fathomed that it would get back to the USA. She's only sorry b/c it did. As americans, you stand beside americans. You can dispute among yourself, but don't go blabbering to other countries about what you do or don't like about what's going on in your own house. That's right, we are American's and live in this house that is OUR nation. If she had said it to this country, I'd see that as a little different. It's just the chickensh*t factor of saying it to another country. United we stand Divided we fall...................

Hey Gents,

It bothers me is that the Dixie Chicks said these comments during a concert in Europe, people paid good
money to hear the Dixie Chicks sing and not for their political opinions. The comment was not only rude
but inappropriate.

They took advantage of a situation and expressed their point of view in front of a captive audience,
Sinead O'Connor took advantage of a similar situation when she ripped up the photo of the Pope on
Saturday Night Live. Both were paid to entertain and not to give an opinion of politics.

What the Dixie Chicks did would be the equivalent if a Captain of the flight was to make an announcement
of how they support or not support the actions in Iraq, and oh yeah, fasten your safety belt. The Pilot is being
paid to transport from one destination to another and not for their political views.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030313/143/3ia96.html

I'll bet 350 and Viva wish Clinton were still in the Oral Office. What a bunch of backward thinking people. But that is their right, to be stupid and to have a forum to talk about it. Wars gave them that right

Nawww.. It is great having someone who lacks common sense in office, what is even more great is this guy couldn't even win the popular vote during the election. You may want to try a different type of coffee since your posts reak of ignorance. I feel for you, I really do.. You sound like a "puppet" in real life, sad that you buy into all this propaganda.

Wake UP'

3 5 0

350DRIVER

That's right.......Bush won the electoral vote. That's the one that counts, don't 'cha know. I shudder to think of the mess we would all be in had ALGORE been POTUS after 9-11. Thank God that idiot who invented the Internet is not our Commander-in-chief!

and the popular vote went to?? - THANK YOU:cool: I don'y recall ever saying Gore won the electoral vote.?? Thank you again.

Well glad we have "Wdumbya" in office now, I fortunately can say I did NOT vote for him....

3 5 0

looking forward to 2004

I am very glad to say I sent in my Florida absentee ballot for Bush - and it counted despite all of the Democrat lawyers trying to disqualify military ballots (what a way for Gore to try and become Commander-in-Chief......)

Whether you are/were for President Bush I think all things "fair" we should support him, like him or not. Service men and women are putting their lives at risk to protect our freedom so let's just agree to disagree and hope for a quick war with minimal loss of lives..

With that said may God Bless our troops and bring them back safely.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back