• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a young, hard infantryman I spent a short time 'candy-striping' with the 10th Special Forces Group in Bad Tolz (actually in Sigmaringen/Stuttgardt) and in 1988 one of the old E-8s - who'd been everywhere and seen d@mn near everything - told me "Son ... if the American people knew everything their government has been involved in since 1965 there'd be revolution in the streets."

Well ... I don't know everything ... but what I do know is enough to get me into the streets.

Minh
(Proud US Army Veteran ... and Tree-hugger :D )

My father was in Army Intellegence during Vietnam. He's also "a charter member of the vast right wing conspiracy" so, what does this prove, about the same thing as you saying that you knew a guy who said something. I don't agree with what everything the government does or everything that President Bush does, I just respect the American way and I don't think there is a better way on the face of the earth, we're slow and cumbersome, but in our own way we get the job done and I do think we do it the RIGHT way. I'll stick to voting and stay out of the streets!

p.s. I just saw the latest poll, 73% of Americans support the war in Iraq and 64% support president Bush. :D

Last edited:
I think that since all of us who have no intelligence on Iraq in our living rooms are so against Bush doing anything, then he should wait. Wait until he attacks us first. Wait until France and Germany are more scared of Iraq and they all join hands to go after England. Those that think that the U.S. is a bunch of bullies and mean people set out to conquer the world, take your Karl Marx book and move to another country such as Iraq, China, or France. Those countries seem to have it together. I think you will really like your free speech and equal opprotunities there. I hear the health care is outstanding. Maybe Bush should send tax money to Iraq to help subsidize the making of Anthrax.

These should be considered all viable options to stop a U.S. President who is obviously only out to achieve world domination. Get real people.

And for those that think that a Dem. would be better for those of us in airline labor........the biggest contributor to the Democratic Party in Minnesota last year was none other than those evil management types from NWA. Good luck finding a politition that will take the change from ALPA and turn down the c-notes from the airlines.

Snakum,

You lack education. You speak like a liberal. I have yet to see you post anything intellegent on this board.

Snake-cum,

Please submit your paranoid drivel somewhere it may be more welcome, like a college campus where the rest of your "life-experienced" cronies enjoy a good protest over a lively game of hackey-sack...

Such maturity ... I'm impressed.

I guess if you're not mature or educated enough to discuss something rationally you can always attack people personally. That's easy when you know you don't have to get personal in person. :D

Minh

Last edited:
Snakum,

You sure you want to get into aviation? Doesn't sound like your crowd.

I started life with some of your liberal beliefs, too, but after time and experience, I became much more conservative. If you want to be happy in this profession, you will likely become much more conservative, too. Otherwise, you will find the flight deck a very lonely place . . . . .

During this time that the UN has been "inspecting", thousands of Iraqi women and children are starving to death every week from the prolonged sanctions- this was even reported by your very own NPR reporters. Chances are, we will be saving Iraqi lives in very short order, although I don't expect you to be able to see that.

As for the efficiency of the inspections, during the last few months, Hussein has been shipping his WMD through Syria into Lebanon and into the hands of terrorist groups. . . . so much for the efficiency of "inspections".

Maybe you can find yourself a nice job doing firewatch. That way, you can be close to your trees, and you won'tt have to subject anyone else to your liberal claptrap.

Last edited:
I'm probably more conservative than you think. We probably disagree on the Iraq issue and the function of the UN. But we probably agree on abortion, faith-based help programs and government spending. I don't vote a straight ticket of either party.

But more importantly, I'm also open to other possibilities and viewpoints without the need - driven by insecurity - to shout people down or make reasoned debate into personal attacks, as has happened repeatedly here. And as I read thru the threads the conservative voice appears to be the ones making it personal, you even did so with the 'your liberal clap-trap' comment. Why do you feel the need to do that? Seriously, why is that?

<<thousands of Iraqi women and children are starving to death every week from the prolonged sanctions>>

Then why do we still have sanctions? Why not remove them if they are ineffective? If the civilians only are suffereing should we lobby the UN to drop them? Lets talk about the issues ... and not get personal.

<<I just respect the American way and I don't think there is a better way on the face of the earth>>

As do I, and I proudly gave five years of my life to defend it, and would gladly do so again. I disagree very strongly with this administration, but were I still grunting with the 3rd ID I'd be proud to be pounding ground in support of it's policies. I took and oath to 'uphold and defend' and this doesn't mean I'd have to agree with everything my CIC does. I'd just have to carry it out.

Minh

Last edited:
Although i totally disagree with the comment that was made about President Busch, I don't think boycott by radio stations is the answer. I do believe boycott by the fans is a good reaction.

For the radio stations to boycott the dixie chicks music is a form of censorship, another freedom we fight to avoid. We also must remember that freedom of speech is one of our greatest rights.

As has been said, "I might agree with what someone has to say, but i will fight to the death their right to say it."

Whether to continue to listen to the Dixie Chicks is a personal option. It should not be forsed on others or it does become censorship.

PilotRon- you make some very valid points and I have some other questions. Could you call it censorship when a private company is catering to its consumer base and making a decision not to carry a product? If the federal government banned the Dixie Chicks from selling/distributing their albums/songs I would agree about the censorship. They have every right in the world to make a statement of their views, however it is the right of the people and private companies to make their choices/actions in response.. When there is an uproar to the stations from the listners that play the DC's and they make the decision to not play them, to not to lose listners, so they won't lose the fan base, so they won't lose the ability to sell advertisements and make money... I'd say it is every bit their right to do so and it it is not censorship, the music hasn't been publicly banned by the gov.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back