Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350Driver,
I'll second that - if Gore was President, I'd also close ranks as an American. I've got too many buds over there - and when the news reported Saddam was rolling out the chemical weapons - that was not a good feeling.....

Yeah all differences aside I really do hope they will be ok and come home as quickly as possible. A prayer will be said in church this sunday.

3 5 0

I may be rehashing something already said on this thread but I needed to give my two cents worth!:) Pres. Bush is doing something that I am sure he isn't happy with and it surely isn't his first choice. Unfortunately the UN has put him and America (again, it's America that has to take care of business) in the position to play Dad. Saddam is the little kid who thinks that he can delay punishment. America doesn't go for that. We are not a nation that just talks and never acts, if we were we would be called France. Remember back to Sept. 11, 2001. When Bush addressed the nation and world declaring a "war" on terrorism everybody was behind him, now that he is acting upon those very words, people are beginning to back out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine. However, this is what is going to happen, like it or not, if Saddam doesn't get out of dodge, we are going to war. It's fine to complain about the decision, but never ever forget that the soldiers fighting the war are doing what they were told. Support them fully, even if you don't support Bush. Don't ever forget their sacrafices and the sacrafices that their families have made.
As for the chicken **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**s at the UN...the UN has given Iraq so many chances it isn't funny anymore. It's time to take care of the problem. The nations that don't back this military action are the ones who don't feel that their nation is at risk from Saddam or terrorism. Those nations are like the members of a group assigned a project but they won't do any of the work...when the project is done they will put their name on it and turn it in as if they were an equal contributor. Once we liberate Iraq, you know the UN and ALL of the nations will want a say in what is done with the new government and they will get a say.

Sorry about the ranting but America always leads the way and it pisses me off to see other nations stand idly by.

God Bless Us!

Everyone needs to understand something...if nothing is done now, it will have to be done later. Sadam is NOT disarming...come'on people, he is not an honest person and you know it. All of his rigid cooperation has been to delay the inevitable.
It's one hell of a time to be alive and it's going to get worse before it gets better, but when it does, America will be on top!

The decision has been made, you can either support this or you can stand by and be a drag the war effort. I think that those who don't support this are scared, and rightly so, but hiding has never fixed a problem.

sorry, just realized how long I rambled on.

350 Driver-

You never do anything but point fingers and call names.
Your astounding lack of logical thought has actually become charming, in that it becomes more clear every day that you and your type are going to be proven very wrong.

Here is a Ditzy Chicks photo op:

03-18-03-pod.jpg

The UN is an irrelevant, impotent and self-serving organization.

Eggsakery!

Now that we've shown the world we will answer to no one, including the United Nations - which was created to prevent the kind of catastrophe we are about to witness - who will moderate and mediate in the future? President Bush has just pulled whatever teeth the UN had. Now ... the next time some country wants to invade another one and the UN calls for assistance from the member states (a la Korea) they'll just say .."No thanks ... it ain't my business." And the next time some little tin-horn dictator wants to invade another country and the UN says "You can't do that." ... the tin-horn will say "F@ck You! I don't have oil so the US isn't interested in getting involved. So, who's gonna stop me?". We, as a supposedly civilized country, have a duty to our fellow earthlings to abide by the rules of civilized behavior. And the only way to prevent a total breakdown as in WWI and WWI is to support (and thereby legitimize) a mediating body such as the UN. But NOOOOOOO ... we just snubbed it. And now we can never tell anyone else to abide by the UN resolutions either. Unless of course, they have oil, then we can just attack. That'll keep 'em in line. Besides ... gotta have that oil! :D

We have absolutely no right to tell any country who they should or should not have in office. Who are we to decide? If we used this 'rogues criteria' that is being applied to Saddam we'd have to attack many of our allies. Where were we when the leaders of Chile, Argentina, and El Salvador were murdering their own people? Oh ... we were training the murderers. I forgot.

It is you who are blind my hawkish friends. And all of us will pay for our President's folly.

Minh
(Proud US Army Veteran)

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denouce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

Herman Goering

Snakum

A couple of points
First, how can you "pull the teeth" of an organization that had no teeth to begin with? That was the main problem.....UN never enforced their resolutions, therefore they're meaningless.

Second, with regard to oil.....YES, WE NEED IT. Our civilization and economy would be back in the dark ages without it. For you to ignore that fundamental fact is to live in a make believe world.
We don't steal it, we buy it, and that is what makes the OPEC country's economies run. Without them selling their oil, they would be just a big sand box in the dessert.

"Immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese, the President of the United States declared war on all of the Axis powers because the U.S. at that time recognized that all of them were accomplices in the threat against the United States. We now know which countries sponsor, support, and harbor terrorists. They are Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Sudan, and Libya. It is time for the United States to declare war against these powers and to immediately strike against the tyranny that reigns on their shores."

- Michael Savage

Hold your peace

I have decided to refrain from further comment until I hear what Ben and J'Lo have to say about all this. You all would be wise to do the same. Need to keep an open mind and don't form an opinion until Ben and J'Lo speak or People magazine tells us what to think.
Save the Ditzy Chicks!

Latest resources

Back